Senior Software Developer – Fusion Trade, Inc. (d/b/a Fusion WorldWide), Boston, MA
Position Summary: The Senior Software Developer will be responsible for building and enhancing our proprietary open market software platform, Scout, which is a windows-based enterprise software application, using Microsoft .NET technologies and SQL Server for the backend database. They will collaborate with other team members to meet technical and architecture goals.
What can you do for us
- Writing clear, concise, readable software code that is well-documented, under test, and meets the business needs of the Company;
- Collaborating with team members to improve architecture and software development lifecycles, and to modernize existing software applications;
- Providing input and feedback regarding the Company’s .NET coding standards and code review standards;
- Reviewing team members’ code and providing valuable feedback regarding areas of improvement and corrections;
- Keeping up-to-date with emerging technologies, in addition to new versions of the framework in Fusion Worldwide’s software stack;
- Providing guidance and leadership in collaboration with other senior members of the team, which will include providing software design input, asking product questions, and keeping group conversations focused in order to meet technical and project goals; and
- Escalating any risks or issues as necessary.
- Performing Database design and Schema layout
Who we’re looking for
A qualified candidate will have a Master’s degree (or a foreign equivalent degree) in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a closely related field and two years of experience. In the alternative, a qualified candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree (or a foreign equivalent degree) in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a closely related field followed by five years of progressively responsible experience. The experience, which may have been gained concurrently, must have been as a Software/.Net Developer, Programmer Analyst, or similar position developing .NET applications using Visual Studio and Windows Forms and included at least two years of experience with each of the following:
- Developing software in a Windows environment that interoperates with office systems and PDF generators, as well as Designing User Interfaces using Windows Forms;
- Designing databases and performing schema layout in SQL, turning databases using SQL profiler, and developing databases (writing complex stored procedures, functions, and triggers) using MS SQL Server;
- Creating custom controls using .NET framework and creating and consuming .NET Web Services using ASP.NET, C#.NET, and JSON.
- Supporting all aspects of MS Dynamics GreatPlains in an enterprise environment, including customizations, development and integration using tools such as eConnect, SmartList Builder, Integration Manager and Management reporter.
A qualified candidate will also have experience working with Team Foundation Server and Microsoft Azure.
This position has the option to telecommute. If they telecommute the worker should live within a 60-mile radius of Boston. The job requires that the candidate travel to our Boston, MA and Haverhill, MA offices once a week.