We are seeking a creative, design-minded Senior Strategist to help us answer the “what and why” of design. Senior Strategists are critically important members of the team who lead projects, helping clients and internal teams solve critical business and design challenges – framed by customer insights, competitive advantage, product and brand positioning, and creative thinking. Senior strategists lead a range of design projects, including brand development, product and digital strategy, experience and service design, the development of future business visions and identifying new opportunity spaces.
The ideal candidate has experience working with a range of clients and stakeholders and is adept at sifting through the clutter of detail to identify a challenge’s essential questions and core insights. They should have a demonstrated ability to not only create and defend a compelling point of view, but to then use it to inform the development of a solution, from idea to implementation.
Note: While we are fully welcoming of former designers, this role requires comprehensive strategy-specific experience.
- Leading strategy tracks of client engagements - working directly with clients, fellow strategists, and designers to establish relevant and inspiring context that sets the stage for and fuels brand, product, experience, and business design
- Organizing, conducting, analyzing, and synthesizing primary and secondary research on a global scale into actionable insights
- Leading brainstorms with a range of internal team members
- Creating client-facing presentations, which includes writing, thoughtful image finding, and designing visual information and frameworks with the intent of telling a compelling story
- Leading client-facing workshops, which includes guiding multi-disciplinary groups through exercises that define objectives and success criteria, inform project direction, and inspire design
- Delivering presentations with senior executives; making substantiated recommendations to client’s product, brand, experience, and business strategy
- Working with teams of industrial designers, digital designers, and graphic designers on the creative process within tight, frequently changing timeframes
- Actively participating in a variety of strategic and creative activities to translate business, customer, market and competitive realities into business, product, and brand innovations for both large, existing corporations and not-yet-launched startup ventures
- Collaborating with account management and team leads to define/refine scopes, briefs, and approaches to projects
- Mentoring and recruiting more junior team members
- At least 6 years of experience in strategy consulting, product design, brand management, and/or marketing or equivalent.
- 2+ years in a directly applicable creative agency/consulting environment
- Love for collaboration with a readiness to jump in and work with a diverse group of people and spearhead brainstorms and conversations; willing to put the good of the project before personal interests
- Solid analytical skills with an ability to gather, analyze, and quickly synthesize key information to objectively craft and support recommendations; field research and ethnography experience
- Demonstrated expertise in extracting a big idea and telling a compelling story
- Organized, self-motivated, and detail-oriented, with the ability to work autonomously, delegate tasks and be a self-starter in a demanding environment
- Confidence and presence presenting and defending your strategic point of view with senior team members and c-suite clients
- Outstanding verbal, written, and visual communications skills, with a particular emphasis on bold, impactful storytelling; strong visual storytelling skills are a must
- Strong understanding of, interest in, and passion for design
- Fluency with Keynote and familiarity with Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and other creative software is a plus
To apply, please submit a thoughtful cover letter that addresses the following:
- Why are you interested in joining the fuseproject team?
- What consumer experience do think needs a complete redesign and why?
- Please tell us about a time that you extracted a big idea and used storytelling to make your idea or vision emotionally compelling (200 words or less).
In your work sample, please include:
- The challenge you were trying to solve
- Additional context (industry / market / consumer / other)
- Some of your key learnings, or insights
- The impact of your work on design (product / service / brand / business / other)
Applications without cover letters and portfolio/work samples will not be considered. Online portfolio / work samples are welcome.