Senior Motion Designer
Design | San Francisco, CA USA
Fuseproject is seeking a best-of-class motion designer with strong creative and technical skills. Coming from a motion design background, you will be comfortable working across our studio and all design disciplines (digital, brand, industrial design), developing world-class motion design and creating impactful, beautiful and compelling work.
We are looking for a designer proficient in the latest modern motion & 3D design tools and platforms with the talent to take ideas and design challenges and translate them into new and exciting possibilities for products, interactions, brands and compelling stories. An excellent graphic eye and exceptional attention to detail is required as well as a love for conceptual design and the challenge that ambiguity brings with it.
We are looking for a true student and connoisseur of design, not bound by the constraints of traditional or digital thinking nor the expected design patterns and trends that drive the industry. You must lead by example, roll up your sleeves, and love the chaotic and rewarding nature of a design challenge. You should simultaneously engage the clients you’re working with while inspiring the team working with you. You should be a hybrid in your thinking, your skillset, and your approach. And like all of us, have willingness and desire to learn every day and see the world through many lenses - always challenging your own assumptions, those around you and willingly step into the unknown.
The real, in-studio, work will vary widely. From brand stories to vision reels – to detailed interactive concepts to product reveal videos – the way in which we use motion touches every part of our business. Our clients also range widely from early stage startups who may need help articulating an ‘idea’ to a fully robust global client that needs production-ready assets to integrate into their product. As such, we are looking for a seasoned veteran – someone that believes the best work in their career has yet to come, and someone who wants to help us on our journey of evolving, reshaping, and continually progressing how we get to the final end product.
Job Details & Skills:
- Delivering motion design work of exceptional quality on-time
- Closely collaborate with the brand and digital design team
- Develop animation storyboards, animatics and final motion designs
- Manage / update Fuseproject's showreel
- Shoot/Direct/Edit working progress movies alone and within a team
- Ability to take complex design briefs interaction and brand requirement and translate them into compelling motion graphics solutions
- 3D design experience is highly desired
- Embrace and advocate for hands-on craft, aiming to ideate, concept and deliver world class design
- Quick-thinking, personable, flexible
- Ability to span the spectrum from vision, storytelling, and concepting
- Collaborative, inclusive and flexible team member who can successfully work across disciplines with various stakeholder groups, both within fuseproject and across client organizations
- Able to produce results both independently and collaboratively as a team member and mentor others
- Represent fuseproject culture and standards both within the company and to our clients, who are as passionate and excited about their work as we want users to be
- Play a key role in the preparation, delivery and presentation to clients
- Understand a client’s business and communication goals, and translate those goals into unique creative solutions
- Develop yourself and constantly stretch the offering of the studio and push individual skills sets
- Comprehensive awareness and love of new platforms, technologies, and trends for the digital channel and related mediums
- Strong ability to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short and long-term needs
- Meticulous and obsessively detail oriented
Background & Experience:
- 5+ years experience in a motion design role
At fuseproject, design is about creating firsts. We focus on designing products that change people’s lives, make lives better, and seeing over the horizon in order to create what’s next. As a team of experienced designers with a broad, multi-disciplinary approach, we believe experience design requires a robust and hybrid skillset centred in craft. We believe “A designer is an emerging synthesis of artist, inventor, mechanic, data scientist, behaviour psychologist, objective economist and evolutionary strategist” and aim to approach all our design challenges with this mind-set.
We are an industry leading integrated product design studio with a specialised and integrated team of 100 designers, led by the well-known Yves Behar, the founder of fuseproject. Our diverse team brings a range of backgrounds and expertise that bridges disciplines and spans industries—including automotive, medical, consumer, retail, software, technology, telecommunications, finance, and many more.
Our specialist team and unique design driven leadership makes fuseproject a disruptive, relentless, ambitious and exceptional place. We are obsessive about making a difference and come with a strong point-of-view - deploying our skills and refined taste to bridge art and science, emotional and economic benefits all with fundamental grounding in product realization that ensures our work sees the light of day.
This extraordinary collection of talent and our ability to deliver tangible transformational design allows us to build meaningful long-term relationships with our clients and work with both early stage startups, accelerators and incubators, to some of the world’s most exciting brands - and with them, are afforded the opportunity to shape the future of user experience and human-centered design.
We expect you have curated your work into an impressive portfolio that shows ideas, stories and compelling motion examples on digital and more traditional platforms. We are looking for a Senior Motion Designer that will bring new creative energy to the table with designs that are refined, considered, current and forward thinking.
Qualified candidates must present an online portfolio that:
- Exhibits stylistic breadth, attention to detail, and balances beauty, innovation and usability
- Showcases expert experience in digital & interactive as well as more traditional motion design projects
- Shows experience with diverse content and subject matter
- Proves ability to translate high level ideas into unique visual styles and directions
- A portfolio is an essential piece of any application for a Design role. Applicants who do not supply a link or PDF with samples of their work will unfortunately not be considered.