Compliance Manager- Abu Dhabi, UAE
Who We Are:
Launching a new enterprise pioneering 100% UAE Sovereign Digital Asset Custodian, incubated at Further Ventures, a venture builder backed by ADQ, an Abu Dhabi Sovereign Wealth Fund. We are on a mission to create and offer the most cutting-edge digital asset custody and treasury services in the market, helping our clients become self-sovereign organizations with strong mechanisms for access control, multi-tier and multi-factor authentication, with no single points of failure, and advanced transactional risk Management. Our utmost focus is on delivering unparalleled levels of security, reliability, and ease of use, establishing this new venture as the preferred choice for institutions seeking a trusted and efficient way to store and manage their virtual assets.
About the Role:
The Compliance Manager oversees the new venture's risk management and compliance functions. This includes leading the new venture’s regulatory compliance function, developing and implementing policies and procedures to mitigate potential financial, regulatory, and technology risks, and ensuring compliance with relevant industry standards and certifications. The Compliance Manager will work closely with executive management to understand potential risks, including technology, and ensure that appropriate measures are in place to manage these risks.
- Lead the venture’s regulatory compliance function to ensure compliance with relevant regulations and industry standards, including those set by the UAE Central Bank, Financial Services Regulatory Authority, Dubai Financial Services Authority, and VARA for digital assets and fintech
- Ensure that the organization has sufficient controls, proper vendors, internal mechanisms, and skill sets to maintain strict adherence to AML/KYT/Travel Rule and other industry-specific regulations in order to serve our institutional client base adequately.
- Develop and implement risk management policies and procedures to mitigate potential risks to the organization.
- Perform monitoring and surveillance of operational and other risks highlighted in the risk management policy.
- Produce risk management reports as required in the risk management policy.
- Work closely with the CTO and other key stakeholders to understand the potential risks from the technology side of the business and ensure that appropriate measures are in place to manage these risks.
- Oversee the risk management and compliance teams and provide guidance and support as needed.
- Monitor the organization's risk profile and identify potential areas of concern.
- Develop and implement training programs to educate employees on risk management and compliance issues.
- Monitor and manage cross-functional risks across the organization, including legal, technology, people, and clients.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Previous 3-5 years of experience in fintech or on the business side of financial services, with a focus on payment rails, digital banks, crypto custodians, or regulated crypto exchanges.
- High-level understanding of potential risks from the technology side of the business and the ability to work closely with the CTO to manage these risks.
- Experience with blockchain technology is a plus, as is membership of ACAMS and other relevant certifications.
- Deep knowledge of the main UAE regulatory frameworks for digital assets and fintech, including those set by the UAE Central Bank, Financial Services Regulatory Authority, Dubai Financial Services Authority, and VARA. Previous experience working as an Authorized officer with firms licensed in the UAE will be a plus.
What you can expect:
- Professional growth: We have a highly dynamic and energetic environment with a lot of growth opportunities. We support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- Comprehensive benefits: We offer competitive pay along with extensive health insurance (including dental & vision) for onsite team members. We also provide Apple products for your daily work.
- Hybrid Work Model: We work from home during Mondays and Fridays and we encourage team members to work remotely over the summer to recharge.
Join us and be part of building a groundbreaking virtual asset custody solution. Together, we will reshape the future of the fintech industry.