Who we are
Money doesn't work for everyone, but it should.
We're starting with workplace savings with the goal of creating products that work for everyone - throughout their lives.
Our mission is to make it easy for everyone to achieve their financial goals.
We do this through a principled approach:
- Problem first: We will always focus on solving genuine problems for our customers
- Innovation over replication - We will always look to innovate rather than replicate the status quo - adopting first principles thinking to every situation
- Open and honest - As a business and with each other - open, honest and transparent communication is non-negotiable.
- Execution is key - We move quickly, and we deliver regularly
- ROI - Whether it’s time, money or energy - if it’s not generating value for you, our customers or the business then we shouldn’t be doing it
As Head of Engineering, you are both part of the founding team and fully responsible for the product & tech stack of the company – building a great team, a scalable product, and customer love. More specifically, you will:
- Take a Seed-stage (initial funding secured) company from 0 to 100 in a matter of months.
- Create and execute the product, architecture, and engineering roadmap.
- Evaluate and implement new technologies, tools, and (scalable) infrastructure, that is in line with relevant regulations.
- Attract, hire, and manage great talent (whether they are new employees, freelancers or advisers) across multiple crafts, including Software Engineers, DevOps engineers, QA engineers, and potentially further roles.
- Define goals for product research and discovery, driving the team to continuous execution.
- Ensure that clear and constantly improving delivery and quality assurance processes are in place.
- Set, monitor and report both product and engineering goals (OKRs and KPIs) to stakeholders.
- Communicate product and technology strategy to customers, partners and shareholders.
- Support venture fundraising efforts in partnership with the rest of the founding team.
Requirements and qualifications
- You are among the 1% of people who are true entrepreneurs at heart! This is a real founder opportunity. You have a burning desire to get your hands dirty and do what it takes to build a company from the ground up
- You’re willing to make the required sacrifices and risks that comes with it.
- You’re experience shows a clear path to this point with at least 5 years of experience as CTO or VP Engineering.
- You have strong knowledge and experience in scaling teams in a scale-up environment and building a company, engineering and product culture in which people thrive, grow and perform.
- You have successful experience in managing an engineering team of at least 20 people, mentoring and coaching managers and individual contributors.
- You have a very good understanding of how to translate business and user requirements into a technical roadmap leading to product-market-fit and growth.
- You have a deep understanding of state-of-the-art software stack. Hands-on experience with tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Vault as well as different cloud providers like AWS and GCP is expected. You should also have recent hands-on programming experience. Ideally, you also have experience managing projects in PHP/Laravel, JS/React/ReactNative, and other modern languages such as Golang.
- You are a problem-solver willing to crack any problem with a particularly open, analytical, and curious mindset.
- You hold a Bachelor or Master degree in computer science with outstanding academic results.
Why you shouldn’t apply
- You don’t fulfil the qualification requirements as stated above
- You expect a high salary from day one (this is a real entrepreneurial opportunity - it comes with an equity package, your salary will evolve with the status of the company)
- You would not be fully committed for a long-term entrepreneurial journey
- You cannot start within the next 3 months