This role can be performed remotely anywhere within the United States and Canada.
We’re looking for a Data Engineer to bring order to what we already have access to and set the foundation to bring in much more. Work with a top flight engineering team and help bring projects to life through the power of data.
We value high-quality/low-ego collaboration and use automation to eliminate toil in daily work. If that sounds good to you, join us!
Day to day, you'll:
- Work with internal groups from all corners of FullStory and understand what data is most valuable to them, where it’s hiding, and how to bring it to where they are.
- Review data sets in BigQuery to maintain performance and prune obsolete data.
- Provide and promote what data is available in Looker and train FullStorians on how to maximize the value it provides.
- Participate in strategy meetings and provide input on how we can maximize the data we have to achieve our goals.
We're looking for someone who:
- Has experience with Looker (e.g., maintaining and optimizing data warehouse visualizations, facilitating customized dashboards)
- Has experience with data warehousing (e.g., BigQuery, Snowflake, or something similar), database schemas, and data modeling
- Has experience managing ETL pipelines (e.g., Airflow/Python, Xplenty)
It would be amazing if:
- You have experience working with financial data
- You view problems as puzzles to be solved and are tenacious in getting to the finish line
- You enjoy working with people from all over the company
- You create the most efficient and easily digestible structure to provide valuable insights
Founded in 2014 on the belief that everyone benefits from a more perfect digital experience, FullStory’s digital experience intelligence platform empowers businesses to continuously improve the digital customer experience across sites and apps. At the core of FullStory’s platform is a powerful analytics engine that connects digital interactions to the metrics that matter most to businesses. With FullStory, product, engineering, and UX teams can align around the customer, break down internal information silos, and achieve company objectives together—faster. The end result? A digital experience customers love.
FullStory is backed by world-class investors and has 300+ employees around the world, with offices in Atlanta and London. We are proud to have been named to Forbes’ List of America’s Top Startup Employers, Wealthfront’s Career Launching Companies List, and LinkedIn’s Top US Startups List. Our company, in three words:
- Empathy - Making a habit of empathy is a powerful way to maintain moderation and stay open to important information that doesn't originate inside your own head.
- Clarity - Few problems can survive their thorough description. By the time you can explain a problem in excruciating detail, especially to someone else, you know how to solve it.
- Bionics - "Study what humans do and figure out how to scale it." A dedication to building bionic systems ensures we maximally empower our users while minimizing our own unnecessary toil.
- Have a life. FullStorians enjoy autonomy and flexibility. From a remote-first work environment to untracked paid time off, we don’t believe in micromanaging your time. After all, smart, driven people are their own best bosses.
- Stay healthy. For our US-based FullStorians, we cover 99% of your premiums and 75% of your dependents’—same goes for dental and vision coverage.
- Save for retirement. For our US-based FullStorians, we offer a 401k retirement plan through Vanguard and match employee contributions 2:1 up to $4800 USD per calendar year.
- Paid parental leave. We want FullStorians to have the flexibility to balance the needs of their growing families without the added stress of figuring out work and finances.
- Keep learning. FullStory provides professional development opportunities through training programs, career coaching sessions, and an annual learning subsidy.
FullStory is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We want candidates of all human varieties, backgrounds, and lifestyles. There’s no problem that can’t be made better by bringing together people with a broader set of perspectives. If you love technology but aren’t sure if you’d fit in, please apply anyway. When you apply, you will have the opportunity to share your pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with FullStory to help us identify areas for improvement in our hiring and recruitment process. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to share with us will be kept confidential and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.