This role can be performed remotely anywhere within the United States and Canada.
As a Senior Software Engineer in Test, you will join our Ecosystem team and work side by side with other talented engineers to build powerful integrations that simplify customer workflows and showcase the capabilities of the FullStory engine. You will organize comprehensive testing plans as well as dive into code to write and extend our automation test cases. We use many established technologies like Selenium, Webdriver, Appium, Jest, Cypress, Postman, BrowserStack and Jasmine, but are also open to new ideas. This role reports to the Engineering Manager for Ecosystem.
We're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to transform the digital landscape.
Day to day, you'll:
- Work with product managers and engineers to define test cases for integration features.
- Perform manual testing against test cases that aren’t yet automated, and create automation to remove the need for manual testing in the future.
- Research and implement QA automation best practices for product integration scenarios.
- Ensure that test automation is running smoothly in our continuous integration pipeline.
We're looking for someone who:
- Has 5+ years of Software Engineer in Test experience; writing and automating test cases in a continuous integration environment
- Discovers important boundary conditions and incorporates them into automated tests
- Has experience performing exploratory testing to discover unexpected behavior and create test cases to verify expected behavior
- Works with one or more of the following tools and frameworks: Webdriver, Selenium, Jest, Cypress, BrowserStack, Postman, bash, and continuous integration services like Jenkins, CircleCI, TeamCity, Travis, etc.
It would be amazing if:
- You have experience with integration authorization flows between systems (e.g. OAuth)
- You have experience with load test and stress test automation
- You’ve mentored and leveled-up other Software Engineers in Test in the art of test case creation and test automation
You might want to know what our stack looks like - here’s a glimpse:
- GCP-based; heavy use of Cloud Datastore, BigQuery, Bigtable
- Kubernetes (GKE), terraform, helm
- Services written in Go; gRPC for APIs; prometheus for monitoring
- React and Typescript on the frontend
- Java, ObjC, and Rust for our mobile stack
- Python and Jupyter for Data Science
- Monorepo for our code: we’re one big happy (in-sync!) family ;)
Founded in 2014 on the belief that everyone benefits from a more perfect digital experience, FullStory’s digital experience intelligence platform empowers businesses to continuously improve the digital customer experience across sites and apps. At the core of FullStory’s platform is a powerful analytics engine that connects digital interactions to the metrics that matter most to businesses. With FullStory, product, engineering, and UX teams can align around the customer, break down internal information silos, and achieve company objectives together—faster. The end result? A digital experience customers love.
FullStory is backed by world-class investors and has 300+ employees around the world, with offices in Atlanta and London. We are proud to have been named to Forbes’ List of America’s Top Startup Employers, Wealthfront’s Career Launching Companies List, and LinkedIn’s Top US Startups List. Our company, in three words:
- Empathy - Making a habit of empathy is a powerful way to maintain moderation and stay open to important information that doesn't originate inside your own head.
- Clarity - Few problems can survive their thorough description. By the time you can explain a problem in excruciating detail, especially to someone else, you know how to solve it.
- Bionics - "Study what humans do and figure out how to scale it." A dedication to building bionic systems ensures we maximally empower our users while minimizing our own unnecessary toil.
- Have a life. FullStorians enjoy autonomy and flexibility. From a remote-first work environment to untracked paid time off, we don’t believe in micromanaging your time. After all, smart, driven people are their own best bosses.
- Stay healthy. For our US-based FullStorians, we cover 99% of your premiums and 75% of your dependents’—same goes for dental and vision coverage.
- Save for retirement. For our US-based FullStorians, we offer a 401k retirement plan through Vanguard and match employee contributions 2:1 up to $4800 USD per calendar year.
- Paid parental leave. We want FullStorians to have the flexibility to balance the needs of their growing families without the added stress of figuring out work and finances.
- Keep learning. FullStory provides professional development opportunities through training programs, career coaching sessions, and an annual learning subsidy.
FullStory is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We want candidates of all human varieties, backgrounds, and lifestyles. There’s no problem that can’t be made better by bringing together people with a broader set of perspectives. If you love technology but aren’t sure if you’d fit in, please apply anyway. When you apply, you will have the opportunity to share your pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with FullStory to help us identify areas for improvement in our hiring and recruitment process. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to share with us will be kept confidential and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.