FullStory’s mission is to help teams create amazing online experiences for their users. We do this by applying deep expertise in distributed systems and computer science to build an ambitiously high-scale and high-value platform. FullStory allows developers and product teams to automatically collect ultra high definition analytics from their digital properties and interact with them through powerful search, pixel-perfect session replay, and machine generated insights.
Data Platform builds and maintains the systems that make all of this possible. As an Engineering Manager in the Data Platform group, you will lead a talented group of senior engineers designing and building next generation search infrastructure that can index hundreds of thousands of interactions per second and query tens of terabytes in milliseconds. This infrastructure enables rich interactive data visualizations, supports complex analysis and insight generation, and unlocks powerful data science and machine learning use cases.
Reporting to our Senior Director of Data Platform Engineering (one of our founding engineers), you will help grow both the Data Platform team and the capabilities of FullStory itself. While you won’t necessarily be writing code daily, the role is highly technical and you’ll have a critical voice in the direction of both our technical architecture as well as future team makeup. And with a fast-growing product and organization, there are lots of opportunities to make an impact.
FullStory is a remote-friendly, hyper-growth SaaS company based out of Atlanta. We value high-quality/low-ego collaboration and use automation to eliminate toil in daily work. If that sounds good to you, join us!
Day to day, you’ll:
- Help solve distributed systems problems and scale data intensive systems
- Cultivate and grow a high-performing group of engineers
- Work with team(s) to prioritize, schedule, scope, resource, and solve problems
- Collaborate across the engineering and product organizations to build vision and team roadmap
- Help day-to-day productivity and operations function smoothly by driving questions to conclusion and resolving blockers
We’re looking for someone with:
- You have experience leading a team as a Technical Lead and/or Engineering Manager responsible for managed services
- You love participating in technical and architectural discussions
- You delight in managing and growing teams of engineers
It would be amazing if:
- You’re an engineer at heart that brings passion and skills to deliver in management
- You enjoy working with people, solving prioritization and resourcing issues, and thinking about the big picture
- You understand the nuances of distributed architectures and databases. Bonus points if you are familiar with search-specific algorithms and data structures
Founded in 2014 on the belief that everyone benefits from a more perfect digital experience, FullStory’s digital experience intelligence platform empowers businesses to continuously improve the digital customer experience across sites and apps. At the core of FullStory’s platform is a powerful analytics engine that connects digital interactions to the metrics that matter most to businesses. With FullStory, product, engineering, and UX teams can align around the customer, break down internal information silos, and achieve company objectives together—faster. The end result? A digital experience customers love.
FullStory is backed by world-class investors and has 250+ employees around the world, with offices in Atlanta and London. We are proud to have been named to Forbes’ List of America’s Top Startup Employers, Wealthfront’s Career Launching Companies List, and LinkedIn’s Top US Startups List. Our company, in three words:
- Empathy - Making a habit of empathy is a powerful way to maintain moderation and stay open to important information that doesn't originate inside your own head.
- Clarity - Few problems can survive their thorough description. By the time you can explain a problem in excruciating detail, especially to someone else, you know how to solve it.
- Bionics - "Study what humans do and figure out how to scale it." A dedication to building bionic systems ensures we maximally empower our users while minimizing our own unnecessary toil.
- Have a life. FullStorians enjoy autonomy and flexibility. From a remote-first work environment to untracked paid time off, we don’t believe in micromanaging your time. After all, smart, driven people are their own best bosses.
- Stay healthy. For our US-based FullStorians, we cover 99% of your premiums and 75% of your dependents’—same goes for dental and vision coverage.
- Save for retirement. For our US-based FullStorians, we offer a 401k retirement plan through Vanguard and match employee contributions 2:1 up to $4800 USD per calendar year.
- Paid parental leave. We want FullStorians to have the flexibility to balance the needs of their growing families without the added stress of figuring out work and finances.
- Keep learning. FullStory provides professional development opportunities through training programs, career coaching sessions, and an annual learning subsidy.
FullStory is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We want candidates of all human varieties, backgrounds, and lifestyles. There’s no problem that can’t be made better by bringing together people with a broader set of perspectives. If you love technology but aren’t sure if you’d fit in, please apply anyway. When you apply, you will have the opportunity to share your pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with FullStory to help us identify areas for improvement in our hiring and recruitment process. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to share with us will be kept confidential and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.