FullStory’s mission is to help teams create amazing online experiences for their customers. We do this by applying deep expertise in distributed systems and computer science to build an ambitiously high-scale and high-value platform. The work environment we've cultivated is aligned around our three watchwords: clarity, empathy, and bionics. We value high-quality/low-ego collaboration and use automation to eliminate toil in daily work. If that sounds good to you, join us!
As a backend focused engineer, you’ll help build and improve our powerful, distributed infrastructure for receiving, analyzing and indexing petabytes of data. You will build large-scale data science and machine learning systems, develop new data visualizations, and architect data processing pipelines. You will help keep our systems secure, scalable, reliable, and fast. All for the mission of delivering actionable and truly magical insights to our customers, so they can make better business decisions and improve their products for their users. (“Magic” here is just science and engineering done well!)
At hundreds of thousands of requests per second, services and databases need to run smoothly—that’s where you come in. Contribute to shared libraries for RPC, database access, permissions, and scale distributed databases. Our Core Services and Data Platforms teams make FullStory possible through their efforts/software, and we’re hiring on both. Here are some blog posts from members of the engineering team, which highlight the work on Platform.
Day to day, you'll:
- Engineer systems that operate at tens-hundreds of thousands of requests per second
- Collaborate with teammates to craft the strategy and execution for scaling FullStory
- Maintain and troubleshoot parts of FullStory’s production environment
- Provide assistance to other teams in order to build impressive capabilities
You might be a good fit if:
- You have 5 plus years of experience with web systems at scale
- You have an interest/experience in distributed systems and/or databases
- You’re interested not only in making good software, but also how to make good software easier to produce
- You are self-motivated; engineers own and drive efforts to completion rather than waiting for someone to tell us what to do
- You have experience with the following or similar: gRPC, Kubernetes, Solr (document search databases), BigTable/Cassandra/DynamoDB, pub/sub and stream processing architectures
Founded in 2014 on the belief that everyone benefits from a more perfect digital experience, FullStory helps businesses understand, measure, and improve their digital experience across sites and apps. At the core of FullStory’s platform is a powerful analytics engine that connects digital interactions to the metrics that matter most to businesses. With FullStory, product, engineering, and UX teams can align around the customer, break down internal information silos, and achieve company objectives together—faster. The end result? A digital experience customers love.
FullStory is backed by world-class investors and has 250+ employees around the world, with offices in Atlanta and London. We are proud to have been named to Forbes’ List of America’s Top Startup Employers, Wealthfront’s Career Launching Companies List, and LinkedIn’s Top US Startups List. Our company, in three words:
- Empathy - Making a habit of empathy is a powerful way to maintain moderation and stay open to important information that doesn't originate inside your own head.
- Clarity - Few problems can survive their thorough description. By the time you can explain a problem in excruciating detail, especially to someone else, you know how to solve it.
- Bionics - "Study what humans do and figure out how to scale it." A dedication to building bionic systems ensures we maximally empower our users while minimizing our own unnecessary toil.
- Have a life. FullStorians enjoy autonomy and flexibility. From a remote-first work environment to untracked paid time off, we don’t believe in micromanaging your time. After all, smart, driven people are their own best bosses.
- Stay healthy. For our US-based FullStorians, we cover 99% of your premiums and 75% of your dependents’—same goes for dental and vision coverage.
- Save for retirement. For our US-based FullStorians, we offer a 401k retirement plan through Vanguard and match employee contributions 2:1 up to $4800 USD per calendar year.
- Paid parental leave. We want FullStorians to have the flexibility to balance the needs of their growing families without the added stress of figuring out work and finances.
- Keep learning. FullStory provides professional development opportunities through training programs, career coaching sessions, and an annual learning subsidy.
FullStory is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We want candidates of all human varieties, backgrounds, and lifestyles. There’s no problem that can’t be made better by bringing together people with a broader set of perspectives. If you love technology but aren’t sure if you’d fit in, please apply anyway. When you apply, you will have the opportunity to share your pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with FullStory to help us identify areas for improvement in our hiring and recruitment process. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to share with us will be kept confidential and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.