FullStory is looking for a creative, problem-solving Accounting Manager ready to assume a high-impact role with a hyper-growth SaaS company. This role will report directly to the controller.
We are looking for someone to join our small team of ambitious accountants, and help drive the department, and the company, forward as we continue our rapid growth and global expansion. You’ll be building processes from scratch and inventing company-driving projects. You think our consolidation process is too manual? Tear it down, and build a new one.
You’ll be exposed to a variety of areas, including financial reporting, international accounting, consolidations, tax, month-end close, and everyone’s favorite - the audit! Did I miss an area? That’s fine, you can own that too! There are more than enough accounting-y things to go around!
You’ll need to be an effective communicator, because you’ll be corresponding with colleagues across all departments; and consultants, vendors and customers across the globe. And I hope you like technology, because you’ll be utilizing a pretty hefty tech stack, including NetSuite and Salesforce.
As the Accounting Manager at FullStory your work and decisions won’t just impact the books; they will have a tangible impact on the success of the company.
A day in the life of an Accounting Manager:
- Coordinating across departments in executing your genius project that will revolutionize how FullStory [enter neat company-driving goal here]
- Staying up to date on the latest and greatest accounting standards and best practices, as we strive to maintain accurate and compliant financials
- Thinking through controls and reconciliations that will improve accuracy and reduce risk
- Communicating with our UK counterparts in ensuring our international processes are running smoothly, everything is ready to go for consolidation, and we’re compliant with local audit and tax requirements
- Going heads down on month-end close
- Thinking through ways to make the [enter cool accounting process here] process better
- Serving as one of the primary points of contact for various audits, including financial audits, bank audits and 401k audits, and tax projects
This job may be for you if:
- You have your CPA (required)
- You are creative and have a knack for building / improving processes, rather than following existing steps and templates
- You are well-versed in GAAP accounting, have a knack for researching accounting guidance, and have experience consolidating international books
- You are an effective communicator, who asks too many questions, and won’t put pen to paper until full clarity exists
- You are detail-oriented, and use mistakes as an opportunity to learn and to develop reconciliations that prevent future errors
- You’re always seeking ways to help others; even if it sets your own ambitions back a step or two
- You are eager to learn a broad range of systems and information, spanning accounting, finance, tax, operations, and payroll
- You are scrappy and will figure out the answer no matter how much digging is required
Founded in 2014 on the belief that everyone benefits from a more perfect digital experience, FullStory helps businesses understand, measure, and improve their digital experience across sites and apps. At the core of FullStory’s platform is a powerful analytics engine that connects digital interactions to the metrics that matter most to businesses. With FullStory, product, engineering, and UX teams can align around the customer, break down internal information silos, and achieve company objectives together—faster. The end result? A digital experience customers love.
FullStory is backed by world-class investors and has 250+ employees around the world, with offices in Atlanta and London. We are proud to have been named to Forbes’ List of America’s Top Startup Employers, Wealthfront’s Career Launching Companies List, and LinkedIn’s Top US Startups List. Our company, in three words:
- Empathy - Making a habit of empathy is a powerful way to maintain moderation and stay open to important information that doesn't originate inside your own head.
- Clarity - Few problems can survive their thorough description. By the time you can explain a problem in excruciating detail, especially to someone else, you know how to solve it.
- Bionics - "Study what humans do and figure out how to scale it." A dedication to building bionic systems ensures we maximally empower our users while minimizing our own unnecessary toil.
- Have a life. FullStorians enjoy autonomy and flexibility. From a remote-first work environment to untracked paid time off, we don’t believe in micromanaging your time. After all, smart, driven people are their own best bosses.
- Stay healthy. For our US-based FullStorians, we cover 99% of your premiums and 75% of your dependents’—same goes for dental and vision coverage.
- Save for retirement. For our US-based FullStorians, we offer a 401k retirement plan through Vanguard and match employee contributions 2:1 up to $4800 USD per calendar year.
- Paid parental leave. We want FullStorians to have the flexibility to balance the needs of their growing families without the added stress of figuring out work and finances.
- Keep learning. FullStory provides professional development opportunities through training programs, career coaching sessions, and an annual learning subsidy.
FullStory is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We want candidates of all human varieties, backgrounds, and lifestyles. There’s no problem that can’t be made better by bringing together people with a broader set of perspectives. If you love technology but aren’t sure if you’d fit in, please apply anyway. When you apply, you will have the opportunity to share your pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with FullStory to help us identify areas for improvement in our hiring and recruitment process. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to share with us will be kept confidential and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.