FullStory’s mission is to enable teams to cultivate amazing online experiences for their users. Ensuring that we accomplish this mission while safeguarding our customers data and maintaining privacy is top priority.
Reporting to our Product Security Engineering Manager, your engineering and security expertise will help shape the way we build and scale our offerings in a security-focused environment. You will work closely with other engineering and infrastructure teams to ensure we deliver security and privacy in every aspect of our product. Your opinion matters and there are high-leverage opportunities to make improvements in our growing team. We appreciate out of the box thinking and depth of understanding.
As a Security Engineer on our Product Security team, your focus will be on building things (though you'll probably have fun breaking things from time to time). In addition, you'll assist in the continuous development and refinement of our security stack. This includes the design, development, and implementation of systems and tooling that strengthen our security posture. You will examine product architecture, development and deployment lifecycles, and the nuances of our systems to ensure we’re delivering security and privacy in every aspect of our product.
Day to day, you'll:
- Influence the way our security program is going to be structure going forward.
- Be a core contributor to our security stack, developing systems that increase our observability, automate testing tools, enforce security controls, and ensure continuous security.
- Build automation for detecting and responding to security vulnerabilities within our development and deployment lifecycles.
- Work closely with engineering and infrastructure teams to remediate issues, provide secure solutions while ensuring security and engineering best practices.
- Own our bug bounty program, tooling, telemetry and triage security issues.
- Identify and develop new and novel ways to secure our product using your unique insights and experience.
You might be a good fit if:
- You enjoy engineering and coding. You want to do more than watch dashboards all day. You want to build security tooling, automation and systems. (golang microservices and GCE with Java)
- You have a solid understanding of the security fundamentals protecting scalable enterprise/cloud applications. (CircleCI, Terraform, Kubernetes, GCP)
- You enjoy collaborating with engineering and infrastructure teams, and can communicate with empathy and clarity.
- You think outside the box and are driven by curiosity. You have the right amount of paranoia and understand how to think like an attacker.
- You bring a humble attitude and are ready to teach and learn from those around you. You like to take things apart to understand how they work.
Founded in 2014 on the belief that everyone benefits from a more perfect digital experience, FullStory's digital experience intelligence platform empowers businesses to continuously improve the digital customer experience across sites and apps. At the core of FullStory’s platform is a powerful analytics engine that connects digital interactions to the metrics that matter most to businesses. With FullStory, product, engineering, and UX teams can align around the customer, break down internal information silos, and achieve company objectives together—faster. The end result? A digital experience customers love.
FullStory is backed by world-class investors and has 250+ employees around the world, with offices in Atlanta and London. We are proud to have been named to Forbes’ List of America’s Top Startup Employers, Wealthfront’s Career Launching Companies List, and LinkedIn’s Top US Startups List. Our company, in three words:
- Empathy - Making a habit of empathy is a powerful way to maintain moderation and stay open to important information that doesn't originate inside your own head.
- Clarity - Few problems can survive their thorough description. By the time you can explain a problem in excruciating detail, especially to someone else, you know how to solve it.
- Bionics - "Study what humans do and figure out how to scale it." A dedication to building bionic systems ensures we maximally empower our users while minimizing our own unnecessary toil.
- Have a life. FullStorians enjoy autonomy and flexibility. From a remote-first work environment to untracked paid time off, we don’t believe in micromanaging your time. After all, smart, driven people are their own best bosses.
- Stay healthy. For our US-based FullStorians, we cover 99% of your premiums and 75% of your dependents’—same goes for dental and vision coverage.
- Save for retirement. For our US-based FullStorians, we offer a 401k retirement plan through Vanguard and match employee contributions 2:1 up to $4800 USD per calendar year.
- Paid parental leave. We want FullStorians to have the flexibility to balance the needs of their growing families without the added stress of figuring out work and finances.
- Keep learning. FullStory provides professional development opportunities through training programs, career coaching sessions, and an annual learning subsidy.
FullStory is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We want candidates of all human varieties, backgrounds, and lifestyles. There’s no problem that can’t be made better by bringing together people with a broader set of perspectives. If you love technology but aren’t sure if you’d fit in, please apply anyway. When you apply, you will have the opportunity to share your pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with FullStory to help us identify areas for improvement in our hiring and recruitment process. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to share with us will be kept confidential and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.