Senior Data Engineer
Help unlock the secrets hidden in the vast trove of data at FullStory. We’re looking for an experienced Data Engineer to go spelunking through numerous systems and bring order to a chaotic world. Work with a top flight engineering team and help bring projects to life through the power of data.
FullStory is a remote-friendly, hyper-growth SaaS company based out of Atlanta. The work environment we've cultivated is aligned around our three watchwords: clarity, empathy, and bionics. We value high-quality/low-ego collaboration and use automation to eliminate toil in daily work. If that sounds good to you, join us!
Day to day, you'll:
- Work with internal groups from all corners of FullStory and understand what data is most valuable to them, where it’s hiding, and how to bring it to where they are.
- Pair with engineers on new projects to level up our game in understanding our customers needs and how to grow the business.
- Build monitoring around existing data pipelines to improve responsiveness and use metrics to insure we are achieving the highest quality possible.
- Participate in strategy meetings and provide input on how we can maximize the data we have to achieve our goals
You might be a good fit if:
- You like to sort, clean, and organize data to create the most efficient and easily digestible structure to provide valuable insights (Snowflake, data warehousing, database schema)
- You enjoy exploring data and building efficient ETL pipelines (Xplenty, BigQuery, data automation, data mapping)
- You have experience with sales, marketing, and finance data and systems (SFDC, SalesLoft, data APIs)
- You view problems as puzzles to be solved and are tenacious in getting to the finish line
- You enjoy working with people from all over the company
- You like working in wide open spaces and establishing best practices/processes enabling others to follow the trail you blaze
Founded in 2014 on the belief that everyone benefits from a more perfect digital experience, FullStory helps businesses understand, measure, and improve their digital experience across sites and apps. At the core of FullStory’s platform is a powerful analytics engine that connects digital interactions to the metrics that matter most to businesses. With FullStory, product, engineering, and UX teams can align around the customer, break down internal information silos, and achieve company objectives together—faster. The end result? A digital experience customers love.
FullStory is backed by world-class investors and has 200+ employees around the world, with offices in Atlanta and London. We are proud to have been named to Forbes’ List of America’s Top Startup Employers, Wealthfront’s Career Launching Companies List, and LinkedIn’s Top US Startups List. Our company, in three words:
- Empathy - Making a habit of empathy is a powerful way to maintain moderation and stay open to important information that doesn't originate inside your own head.
- Clarity - Few problems can survive their thorough description. By the time you can explain a problem in excruciating detail, especially to someone else, you know how to solve it.
- Bionics - "Study what humans do and figure out how to scale it." A dedication to building bionic systems ensures we maximally empower our users while minimizing our own unnecessary toil.
- Have a life. FullStorians enjoy autonomy and flexibility. From a remote-first work environment to untracked paid time off, we don’t believe in micromanaging your time. After all, smart, driven people are their own best bosses.
- Stay healthy. For our US-based FullStorians, we cover 99% of your premiums and 75% of your dependents’—same goes for dental and vision coverage.
- Save for retirement. For our US-based FullStorians, we offer a 401k retirement plan through Vanguard and match employee contributions 2:1 up to $4800 USD per calendar year.
- Paid parental leave. We want FullStorians to have the flexibility to balance the needs of their growing families without the added stress of figuring out work and finances.
- Keep learning. FullStory provides professional development opportunities through training programs, career coaching sessions, and an annual learning subsidy.
FullStory is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We want candidates of all human varieties, backgrounds, and lifestyles. There’s no problem that can’t be made better by bringing together people with a broader set of perspectives. If you love technology but aren’t sure if you’d fit in, please apply anyway. When you apply, you will have the opportunity to share your pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with FullStory to help us identify areas for improvement in our hiring and recruitment process. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to share with us will be kept confidential and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.