FullStory’s mission is to improve user experiences on the web. We’re accomplishing this mission daily by providing a platform that allows developers and product teams to automatically collect ultra high definition analytics from their sites, then make those analytics available through a powerful search engine, pixel-perfect session playback, and machine learning insights.
Capturing and processing data at this level of completeness means FullStory’s infrastructure needs to support multiples of our customers’ traffic and be efficient, secure, and reliable. That’s no small feat, and it’s where site reliability engineering comes in. At FullStory, we bring the same rigorous engineering approach to our operations as we do to the rest of our product.
As an SRE, your focus is providing the underlying infrastructure that allows us to create, deploy, scale, and manage our products rapidly and efficiently. Our watchwords are latency, uptime, cost, and security—we’re obsessed with continuously improving all of them. And, like all good engineers, we despise toil and prefer solving problems with software.
Day to day, you’ll:
- Design, create, and manage high-performance infrastructure and tooling for our external and internal services
- Provide systems for infrastructure provisioning, observability, deployment, and cost tracking that serve all engineering teams
- Be an architectural “consultant” and operations expert to product teams at the design stage of their features and services
- Identify inefficiencies, risks, and reliability issues, and write high-leverage tools to tackle them
This job might be a good fit if:
- You like building systems and automation, not just maintaining them
- You have significant experience with public cloud (GCP a bonus)
- You have experience building or working in Kubernetes or other containerized application environments
- You are proficient in one or more of the following languages: Golang, Python, C/C++, Java (and have an ability to pick up new ones)
- You have experience and familiarity with modern metrics, monitoring, and logging frameworks and services (eg, Prometheus, Grafana, Stackdriver)
- You've received a BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or have equivalent practical experience
Founded in 2014 on the belief that everyone benefits from a more perfect digital experience, FullStory helps businesses understand, measure, and improve their digital experience across sites and apps. At the core of FullStory’s platform is a powerful analytics engine that connects digital interactions to the metrics that matter most to businesses. With FullStory, product, engineering, and UX teams can align around the customer, break down internal information silos, and achieve company objectives together—faster. The end result? A digital experience customers love.
FullStory is backed by world-class investors and has 200+ employees around the world, with offices in Atlanta and London. Our company, in three words:
- Empathy - Making a habit of empathy is a powerful way to maintain moderation and stay open to important information that doesn't originate inside your own head.
- Clarity - Few problems can survive their thorough description. By the time you can explain a problem in excruciating detail, especially to someone else, you know how to solve it.
- Bionics - "Study what humans do and figure out how to scale it." A dedication to building bionic systems ensures we maximally empower our users while minimizing our own unnecessary toil.
- Have a life. FullStorians enjoy autonomy and flexibility. From a remote-first work environment to untracked paid time off, we don’t believe in micromanaging your time. After all, smart, driven people are their own best bosses.
- Stay healthy. For our US-based FullStorians, we cover 99% of your premiums and 75% of your dependents’—same goes for dental and vision coverage.
- Save for retirement. For our US-based FullStorians, we offer a 401k retirement plan through Vanguard and match employee contributions 2:1 up to $4800 USD per calendar year.
- Paid parental leave. We want FullStorians to have the flexibility to balance the needs of their growing families without the added stress of figuring out work and finances.
- Keep learning. FullStory provides professional development opportunities through online courses and internal training programs.
FullStory is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We want candidates of all human varieties, backgrounds, and lifestyles. There’s no problem that can’t be made better by bringing together people with a broader set of perspectives. If you love technology but aren’t sure if you’d fit in, please apply anyway. Below you will have the opportunity to share your pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with FullStory to help us identify areas for improvement in our hiring and recruitment process. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to share with us will be kept confidential and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.