The engineers on the Bionic Ops team build internal products vital to the success of all FullStorians. As an engineer on this team, you need to have a passion for proactively optimizing our daily stumbling blocks. You will remove unnecessary and repetitive tasks; sometimes that means building something ground up, sometimes that means buying something then implementing it. There’s no preordained answer; the problem dictates the answer. The reward for all our efforts is smooth sailing with happy FullStorians at every turn. If you like the idea of empowering your colleagues then this is the role for you.
A day in the life:
- Create software and solutions to increase FullStory’s operational efficiency (i.e. build extensions to 3rd party apps, build an interactive process that enhances a highly manual task, rip/replace an existing optimization with a more scalable solution)
- Identify and problem solve system issues spanning multiple stacks and teams
- Build, test, and deploy extensions to our distributed services to support your fellow FullStorians
- Automate and/or execute IT infrastructure related projects
This might be the job for you if:
- Your code of choice is Go and/or React.
- You've worked with APIs from Salesforce and Slack.
- You care deeply about crafting great user experiences
- You enjoy working with people from all over the company
- You have a systematic but human-centered approach to solving problems
- You’ve worked on a product before and you’d love to work on more
- You’ve decided to buy a solution instead of building it
- You’ve decided to build a solution instead of buying it
- You have a strong understanding of IT infrastructure and ability to troubleshoot issues
- You believe in and possess a strong customer support, organization, prioritization, multitasking, communication and leadership mindset
Founded in 2014 on the belief that everyone benefits from a more perfect digital experience, FullStory helps businesses understand, measure, and improve their digital experience across sites and apps. At the core of FullStory’s platform is a powerful analytics engine that connects digital interactions to the metrics that matter most to businesses. With FullStory, product, engineering, and UX teams can align around the customer, break down internal information silos, and achieve company objectives together—faster. The end result? A digital experience customers love.
FullStory is backed by world-class investors and has 200+ employees around the world, with offices in Atlanta and London. Our company, in three words:
- Empathy - Making a habit of empathy is a powerful way to maintain moderation and stay open to important information that doesn't originate inside your own head.
- Clarity - Few problems can survive their thorough description. By the time you can explain a problem in excruciating detail, especially to someone else, you know how to solve it.
- Bionics - "Study what humans do and figure out how to scale it." A dedication to building bionic systems ensures we maximally empower our users while minimizing our own unnecessary toil.
- Have a life. FullStorians enjoy autonomy and flexibility. From a remote-first work environment to untracked paid time off, we don’t believe in micromanaging your time. After all, smart, driven people are their own best bosses.
- Stay healthy. For our US-based FullStorians, we cover 99% of your premiums and 75% of your dependents’—same goes for dental and vision coverage.
- Save for retirement. For our US-based FullStorians, we offer a 401k retirement plan through Vanguard and match employee contributions 2:1 up to $4800 USD per calendar year.
- Paid parental leave. We want FullStorians to have the flexibility to balance the needs of their growing families without the added stress of figuring out work and finances.
- Keep learning. FullStory provides professional development opportunities through online courses and internal training programs.
FullStory is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We want candidates of all human varieties, backgrounds, and lifestyles. There’s no problem that can’t be made better by bringing together people with a broader set of perspectives. If you love technology but aren’t sure if you’d fit in, please apply anyway. Below you will have the opportunity to share your pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with FullStory to help us identify areas for improvement in our hiring and recruitment process. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to share with us will be kept confidential and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.