FullStory is looking for a Corporate Counsel to own commercial contracts, build scalable contracting processes, and drive legal initiatives as a key legal partner in our high growth SaaS business. Do you have broad experience redlining SaaS contracts and closing deals? Are you a pragmatic negotiator who knows how to get to Yes? Do you like data privacy and technology law? If you’re a technology transactions pro ready to jump on a rocketship, and are ready to expand your skills in a growing legal department, FullStory may be the place for you! In this role you will report directly to the General Counsel, and you will be the main legal partner for our sales, customer success, and technology teams. You will assist with IP development, data privacy, product counseling, and a wide range of legal initiatives.
In this role you will:
- Be the Strategic Owner of FullStory’s SaaS commercial contracts
- Be the Closer: you will partner with our Sales team to get deals done. You will quickly and fearlessly turn MSA/Order/DPA/NDA redlines, negotiate with our customers and partners, and be an accelerant for the growth of our business
- Develop a scalable contract framework, thoughtful and efficient contract templates, training materials for the sales and customer teams for all things related to contracts, and post-closing contract workflows
- Drive implementation and maintenance of contract management software
- Be the Legal Owner of FullStory’s market-leading technology initiatives
- Drive new IP development: be the project manager for our patent portfolio, partnering with internal engineering and product teams, and external patent counsel to expand our portfolio and protect our innovative technology
- Counsel or product, engineering, and customer teams on Data Privacy considerations, legal requirements, and best practices
- Stretch your legal skills across a broad range of topics
- Partnering with our General Counsel, you’ll roll up your sleeves and pitch in on a wide range of legal projects to get sh*t done for our high growth business
This job might be a fit if you have:
- JD or LL.M from an accredited Law School
- 3 to 6 years of relevant experience (ideally combined between a highly-regarded law firm and an in-house legal department in a technology company)
- Broad experience negotiating SaaS contracts
- Experience at a B2B software start-up, and know how to create scalable processes
- Knowledge of GDPR, CCPA, and other data privacy and security laws
- Some experience with IP and patent development
- Attention to detail, high EQ, flexibility, and responsiveness
- Ability to work independently while having good judgment to escalate significant matters
- Implemented or used contract management software
Founded in 2014 on the belief that everyone benefits from a more perfect digital experience, FullStory helps businesses understand, measure, and improve their digital experience across sites and apps. At the core of FullStory’s platform is a powerful analytics engine that connects digital interactions to the metrics that matter most to businesses. With FullStory, product, engineering, and UX teams can align around the customer, break down internal information silos, and achieve company objectives together—faster. The end result? A digital experience customers love.
FullStory is backed by world-class investors and has 200+ employees around the world, with offices in Atlanta and London. Our company, in three words:
- Empathy - Making a habit of empathy is a powerful way to maintain moderation and stay open to important information that doesn't originate inside your own head.
- Clarity - Few problems can survive their thorough description. By the time you can explain a problem in excruciating detail, especially to someone else, you know how to solve it.
- Bionics - "Study what humans do and figure out how to scale it." A dedication to building bionic systems ensures we maximally empower our users while minimizing our own unnecessary toil.
- Have a life. FullStorians enjoy autonomy and flexibility. From a remote-first work environment to untracked paid time off, we don’t believe in micromanaging your time. After all, smart, driven people are their own best bosses.
- Stay healthy. For our US-based FullStorians, we cover 99% of your premiums and 75% of your dependents’—same goes for dental and vision coverage.
- Save for retirement. For our US-based FullStorians, we offer a 401k retirement plan through Vanguard and match employee contributions 2:1 up to $4800 USD per calendar year.
- Paid parental leave. We want FullStorians to have the flexibility to balance the needs of their growing families without the added stress of figuring out work and finances.
- Keep learning. FullStory provides professional development opportunities through online courses and internal training programs.
FullStory is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We want candidates of all human varieties, backgrounds, and lifestyles. There’s no problem that can’t be made better by bringing together people with a broader set of perspectives. If you love technology but aren’t sure if you’d fit in, please apply anyway. Below you will have the opportunity to share your pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with FullStory to help us identify areas for improvement in our hiring and recruitment process. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to share with us will be kept confidential and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.