FullStory’s mission is to improve user experiences on the web. We tackle this by providing a platform that allows developers and product teams to automatically collect ultra high definition analytics from their sites, then make those analytics available through a powerful search engine, pixel-perfect session playback, and machine learning insights.
Platform engineering is responsible for scaling FullStory on two dimensions: the number and size of our customers, and the number of engineers on the FullStory team. This includes a range of challenges, from providing rock-solid core libraries and tooling to production infrastructure at scale. As engineering manager, you’ll work closely with teams and tech leads to build great software—and to cultivate an outstanding team.
FullStory is a remote-friendly, hyper-growth SaaS company based out of Atlanta. The work environment we've cultivated is aligned around our three watchwords: clarity, empathy, and bionics. We value high-quality/low-ego collaboration and use automation to eliminate toil in daily work. If that sounds good to you, join us!
Day to day, you'll:
- Cultivate and grow a high-performing group of engineers.
- Work with team(s) to prioritize, schedule, scope, resource, and solve problems.
- Collaborate across the engineering and product orgs to build vision and team roadmap.
- Play a key role in technical and architectural discussions.
- Grease the wheels for day-to-day productivity and operations by driving questions to conclusion and resolving blockers.
You might be a good fit if:
- You’re an engineer at heart and bring that passion (and those skills) to bear in management.
- You have experience working with service-oriented cloud applications.
- You enjoy working with people, solving prioritization and resourcing issues, and thinking about the big picture.
- You’ve received a BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline or equivalent practical experience.
Founded in 2014 on the belief that everyone benefits from a more perfect digital experience, FullStory helps businesses understand, measure, and improve their digital experience across sites and apps. At the core of FullStory’s platform is a powerful analytics engine that connects digital interactions to the metrics that matter most to businesses. With FullStory, product, engineering, and UX teams can align around the customer, break down internal information silos, and achieve company objectives together—faster. The end result? A digital experience customers love.
FullStory is backed by world-class investors and has 200+ employees around the world, with offices in Atlanta and London. Our company, in three words:
- Empathy - Making a habit of empathy is a powerful way to maintain moderation and stay open to important information that doesn't originate inside your own head.
- Clarity - Few problems can survive their thorough description. By the time you can explain a problem in excruciating detail, especially to someone else, you know how to solve it.
- Bionics - "Study what humans do and figure out how to scale it." A dedication to building bionic systems ensures we maximally empower our users while minimizing our own unnecessary toil.
- Have a life. FullStorians enjoy autonomy and flexibility. From a remote-first work environment to untracked paid time off, we don’t believe in micromanaging your time. After all, smart, driven people are their own best bosses.
- Stay healthy. For our US-based FullStorians, we cover 99% of your premiums and 75% of your dependents’—same goes for dental and vision coverage.
- Save for retirement. For our US-based FullStorians, we offer a 401k retirement plan through Vanguard.
- Paid parental leave. We want FullStorians to have the flexibility to balance the needs of their growing families without the added stress of figuring out work and finances.
- Keep learning. FullStory provides professional development opportunities through online courses and internal training programs.
FullStory is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We want candidates of all human varieties, backgrounds, and lifestyles. There’s no problem that can’t be made better by bringing together people with a broader set of perspectives. If you love technology but aren’t sure if you’d fit in, please apply anyway. Below you will have the opportunity to share your pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with FullStory to help us identify areas for improvement in our hiring and recruitment process. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to share with us will be kept confidential and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.