FullStory’s mission is to help teams create amazing online experiences for their users. We do this by applying deep expertise in distributed systems and computer science to build an ambitiously high-scale and high-value platform.
As a senior engineer focusing on our primary data platform, you’ll help build and improve our powerful, distributed infrastructure for receiving, analyzing, and indexing petabytes of data. This infrastructure supports real time interactive queries and analysis in the FullStory application, as well as large scale online and offline data science and machine learning systems. Reporting to our Director of Data Platform Engineering (and one of our founding engineers), you will help keep our systems secure, scalable, reliable, and fast. All for the mission of delivering actionable and truly magical insights to our customers, so they can make better business decisions and improve their products for their users. (“Magic” here is just science and engineering done well!)
Day to day you’ll:
- Prioritize and work on architectural enhancements, making recommendations on better practices, contributing to code changes, and helping us establish the architecture that enables FullStory to analyze data growing by orders of magnitude each year
- Coordinate development of our database infrastructure, working to take changes from idea to deployment at scale
This job might be a fit if you:
- Have experience building distributed systems; experience with operational failures of a large distributed system is a plus.
- Have experience scaling stateful services and databases. Bonus points if you are familiar with search-specific algorithms and data structures.
- Understand the nuances of distributed architectures and processing pipelines. Nuances here would include not just the obvious types of failures, but also how distributed algorithms can interact with each other in problematic ways.
- Are strongly self-motivated and excited to work collaboratively. Code reviews, design reviews, and pair architecting are the norm here. We want you to work on interesting problems, and interesting problems are almost always bigger than a single engineer.
Founded in 2014 on the belief that everyone benefits from a more perfect digital experience, FullStory helps businesses understand, measure, and improve their digital experience across sites and apps. At the core of FullStory’s platform is a powerful analytics engine that connects digital interactions to the metrics that matter most to businesses. With FullStory, product, engineering, and UX teams can align around the customer, break down internal information silos, and achieve company objectives together—faster. The end result? A digital experience customers love.
FullStory is backed by world-class investors and has 200+ employees around the world, with offices in Atlanta and London. Our company, in three words:
- Empathy - Making a habit of empathy is a powerful way to maintain moderation and stay open to important information that doesn't originate inside your own head.
- Clarity - Few problems can survive their thorough description. By the time you can explain a problem in excruciating detail, especially to someone else, you know how to solve it.
- Bionics - "Study what humans do and figure out how to scale it." A dedication to building bionic systems ensures we maximally empower our users while minimizing our own unnecessary toil.
- Have a life. FullStorians enjoy an immense level of autonomy and flexibility. From a remote-friendly work environment to untracked paid time off, we don’t believe in micromanaging your time. After all, smart, driven people are their own best bosses.
- Stay healthy. We cover 99% of your premiums and 75% of your dependents’—same goes for dental and vision coverage.
- Save for retirement. We offer a 401k retirement plan through Vanguard.
- Paid parental leave. We want FullStorians to have the flexibility to balance the needs of their growing families without the added stress of figuring out work and finances.
- Keep learning. FullStory provides professional development opportunities through online courses and internal training programs.
FullStory is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We want candidates of all human varieties, backgrounds, and lifestyles. There’s no problem that can’t be made better by bringing together people with a broader set of perspectives. If you love technology but aren’t sure if you’d fit in, please apply anyway.