FullStory’s mission is to improve user experiences on the web. We’re accomplishing this mission daily by providing a platform that allows developers and product teams to automatically collect ultra high definition analytics from their sites, then make those analytics available through a powerful search engine, pixel-perfect session playback, and machine learning insights.
Capturing and processing data at this level of completeness means FullStory’s infrastructure needs to support multiples of our customers’ traffic and be efficient, secure, and reliable. That’s no small feat, and it’s where site reliability engineering comes in. At FullStory, we bring the same rigorous engineering approach to our operations as we do to the rest of our product.
As an SRE, your focus is to provide the underlying infrastructure that allows us to create, deploy, scale, and manage our products rapidly and efficiently. Our watchwords are latency, uptime, cost, and security—we’re obsessed with improving all of them, constantly. And, like all good engineers, we despise toil and prefer solving problems with software.
A day in the life:
- Design, create, and manage high-performance compute/storage/networking infrastructure for our external and internal services
- Be an architectural “consultant” and operations expert to product teams at the design stage of their features and services
- Identify inefficiencies, risks, and reliability issues, and write high-leverage tools to tackle them
This job might be for you if:
- You have significant experience with public cloud (GCP a bonus)
- You have experience building or working in Kubernetes or other containerized application environments
- You are proficient in one or more of the following languages: Golang, Python, C/C++, Java, and an ability to pick up new ones
- You have experience and familiarity with modern metrics, monitoring, and logging frameworks and services (eg, Prometheus, Grafana, Stackdriver)
- You've received a BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline or equivalent practical experience