Full Cycle Bioplastics is on a mission to create a cleaner, more sustainable future. At the moment, we are small but mighty. Our tech helps solve the plastic pollution crisis by transforming waste into compostable materials. We’re scaling our solution to significantly decrease plastic waste and greenhouse gas emissions.
Full Cycle Bioplastics is on a mission to create a cleaner, more sustainable future. At the moment, we are small but mighty. Our tech helps solve the plastic pollution crisis by transforming waste into compostable materials. We’re scaling our solution to significantly decrease plastic waste and greenhouse gas emissions. We've experienced massive growth over the last year, tripling in size, with more on the way!
As we continue to Synthesize the Circular Revolution here at Full Cycle, we are looking for a Research Associate for our Fermentation Team!
- Conduct scientific studies within the hydrolysis and fermentation group
- Upstream process development for sterile and non-sterile fermentations
- Evaluate and develop effective feedstock pretreatment technologies
- Single strain and co-fermentation technology development
- Hands-on studies at lab scale and support scale up efforts
- Participate in 2-way technology transfer between internal and external parties
- Participate in collaborative efforts within the scientific disciplines in Full Cycle to develop efficient bioplastics production technology
- Present periodic reports and data
- Write SOPs for new technologies and processes
- Adhere strictly to all lab safety practices
- 2+ years of experience in lab scale fermentation, co-fermentation, and a variety of fermentation techniques.
- Working knowledge of microbial physiology and fermentation pathways.
- Bachelor's degree with major in Biochemical engineering, Biological engineering, biochemistry or related discipline
- Sterile microbiology techniques
- Knowledge of laboratory environmental and safety requirements
This is a full-time, salaried, benefit-eligible position that is fully onsite at our Nicholson location in San Jose, California.
We offer our employees a range of benefits including participation in our stock option program, volunteer time off, unlimited PTO, commuter benefits and 100% cost coverage for an employees medical, dental, and vision insurance. We are also committed to finding a supporting the best candidates out there and can offer to pursue sponsorship for someone who would require it.
Full Cycle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.