Full Cycle Bioplastics is on a mission to create a cleaner, more sustainable future. At the moment, we are small but mighty. Our tech helps solve the plastic pollution crisis by transforming waste into compostable materials. We’re scaling our solution to significantly decrease plastic waste and greenhouse gas emissions. We've experienced massive growth over the last year, tripling in size, with more on the way!
We are looking for a Director of Product Development to build and lead the Product Development Unit of our Technology Group. You will identify and execute on development opportunities and acquire assets or resources for the unit. This person will be the primary point of contact, both internally and externally, for all projects relating to material science and PHA applications. Additionally, you will be responsible for making sure any projects relating to product development are executed in a timely and high quality manner. You will have to work across all Full Cycle teams as well as external collaborators to move projects forward.
We highly value experience in the following areas: polymer science or engineering, specifically with plastics or biopolymers, packaging engineering, and formulation
Your day to day would include:
- Project Managing for PHA product applications including managing timelines and expectations to your team and the Technology Group.
- Ensure that the Product Development team is well equipped to execute on the projects
- Communicate progress of projects to internal and external teams
- Develop strategies to deepen FCB’s knowledge of PHA biopolymers
- Provide technical leadership and career development to product development staff
- Managing external vendors, domestically and internationally
We’d like to see your experience show:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in material science or engineering
- 8 plus years of experience working in a polymer science or a product development role
- Strong understanding of polymer science and how polymer chemistry affects material properties as well as practical knowledge of polymer analytical and processing equipment
- Project management skills; will have demonstrated the ability to push projects over the finish line with sound planning and persistent execution; will understand how to align resources, seek the input of key constituents, and manage others to achieve desired results
- Strong ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams, both technical and non-technical
- Ability to communicate complex technical information to non-technical audiences
- Experienced knowledge of the polymer industry including supply chain, regulations and economic analysis
- Curiosity and passion for creating sustainable products
- Preference for experience with: bringing products to market, ability to teach, scaling up polymer formulations, working with processes such as extrusion, injection molding, blown film, and 3D printing.
We offer our employees a range of benefits including participation in our stock option program, volunteer time off, unlimited PTO, commuter benefits and 100% cost coverage for an employees medical, dental, and vision insurance. We are also committed to finding a supporting the best candidates out there and can offer to pursue sponsorship for someone who would require it.
Full Cycle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.