Full Cycle Bioplastics is on a mission to create a cleaner, more sustainable future. At the moment, we are small but mighty. Our tech helps solve the plastic pollution crisis by transforming waste into compostable materials. We’re scaling our solution to significantly decrease plastic waste and greenhouse gas emissions. We've experienced massive growth over the last year, tripling in size, with more on the way!
Partnering daily with the CTO, you will lead the strategy and operations for the department which focuses on scaling our science from pilot through commercial scale. In this role, you will weave together the strategies for multiple projects, aligning them toward the core technology business goals. Additionally, you will partner with department heads of other business units to ensure that the technical aspects of large-scale commercial development projects are delivered on time and to budget.
The ideal candidate brings both a deep technical background and the ability to lead an organization. We need someone who can create clear, strategic long-term plans for the Engineering department, then identify, onboard, and manage the people and assets who execute those plans. You will be responsible for ensuring that detailed project plans are in place with milestones identified and risks identified and managed.
If you are ready to step into a role that will be integral to the success of the technology team, bringing solutions to fruition in an organized and structured way, we would love to speak with you.
On any given day you could:
- Partner with the executive team, finance, growth, and other departments to create a cohesive long-term strategy for the Engineering department
- Lead (hire, develop, inspire, manage) a group of highly effective engineers, project managers, data experts, research associates, and production staff
- Scale up products through a number of steps to be ready for commercial production within an agreed time frame, specifications and appropriate cost
- Contribute to and use first principle manufacturing economic models to screen process concepts and evaluate outcomes
- Oversee the tech project management function, maintaining a clear, current understanding of critical path items across a number of key cross-functional projects
- Oversee a number of scale-up related functions, including data, certification and training, engineering, and pilot-scale production
- Ensure safe and environmentally sustainable operations as uncompromised priorities
- Effectively communicate fermentation and process chemistry capabilities, contributions and gaps to internal stakeholders and external contractors, partners and investors
- Develop department budgets, including planning for capital expenses; manage costs to budget on an ongoing basis
- Identify and build productive relationships with strategic external partners
- Work within our data system in Aspen to understand cost estimation for project scope
We'd like to see your background include:
- Masters or Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering or Chemistry and 15 or more years of industrial experience. A compelling record of success and growth should include at least 10 years of management experience including Director level
- Ability to attract, assess, hire, develop and manage engineers, scientists and technicians and influence, motivate, and drive technical rigor
- Demonstrated alignment with our mission and commitment to pioneering a circular economy
- Strong cross-functional collaborator with excellent knowledge of fermentation operations, chemistry, chemical catalysis, process development and process scale-up
- Expertise in a range of process technologies, process simulation, purification, equipment design and process engineering calculations
- Experience in successful development, scale-up, and commercialization of multiple products across different product lines, reflecting deep understanding of the timelines and scope of activity required for each product introduction
- Experienced in developing clear business cases, including process economic models to support process development and engineering activities, timeline and capital investment
- Experience building and deploying innovation in a process development setting
- Basic understanding of molecular biology is desirable.
- Background work in the food industry or waste-water treatment experience is a big plus
We offer our employees a range of benefits including participation in our stock option program, volunteer time off, unlimited PTO, commuter benefits and 100% cost coverage for an employees medical, dental, and vision insurance. We are also committed to finding a supporting the best candidates out there and can offer to pursue sponsorship for someone who would require it.
Full Cycle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.