Full Cycle Bioplastics is on a mission to create a cleaner, more sustainable future. At the moment, we are small but mighty. Our tech helps solve the plastic pollution crisis by transforming waste into compostable materials. We’re scaling our solution to significantly decrease plastic waste and greenhouse gas emissions. We've experienced massive growth over the last year, tripling in size, with more on the way!
The Production Manager will be responsible for developing and leading a manufacturing team to meet the goals of Full Cycle’s PHA demonstration facility in Mountain View. The Production Manager will implement best operational practices, ensure personnel safety, and troubleshoot onsite issues while encouraging a collaborative, learning environment. The Production Manager will be responsible for meeting PHA production goals and ensuring that it meets proper specifications. This person will lead collaborative efforts with their team to implement process and site improvements. They will collaborate closely with the Site and Safety Manager at the facility to ensure contract obligations are met and the site is maintained.
Who are you?
A proven leader of hard working, technical minds with experience in manufacturing operations in a fermentation facility. Someone who understands the urgency of a changing climate and plastic pollution and wants to do something about it. You know how to build a goal-oriented team with a learning mindset. You know how to meet production goals while keeping safety a number one priority. You can adapt to a fast-paced environment and pivot goals quickly. You know how to interface with Full Cycle’s R&D, engineering, growth teams as well as our colocated partner’s operations and leadership teams.
The Production Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Adhere to all facility safety procedures and policies
- Lead basic operations and maintenance of fermentation and separations equipment
- Meet Full Cycle’s production goals and ensure that the product is within specifications
- Develop production schedules and contingency plans to deliver production goals
- Ensure raw materials and consumables are well stocked coordinate supply orders as needed
- Monitor operational metrics to track the site’s performance
- Monitor processes and identify deviations and/or opportunities for improvement
- Troubleshoot processes and provide technical feedback as needed
- Ensure site is routinely maintained for visits
- Ensure all equipment are properly maintained for operations
- Lead team meetings and huddles
- Provide technical support for technology transfer from the lab to the pilot plant and possibly manufacturing
- Provide leadership for pilot plant operations for one or more projects
- Sample processes and prepare them for routine analysis
- Enter data into various web applications and databases for analysis
- Communicate well within a team framework, effectively prioritize work, and work efficiently
- 3+ years of work experience in a scientific, preferably fermentation-based, industry
- 2+ years of experience managing direct reports and third party service vendors
- 1+ year in working in fermentation-based manufacturing or pilot plant operations
- BA/BS in scientific or engineering discipline
- Demonstrated ability to write, revise and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for routine work and receive instructions new processes
- Team player with strong problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to relate with people at all levels within an organization
- Ability to stand up to 6 hours per day while monitoring operations and performing tasks
- Knowledge of OSHA guidelines and other federal, state and local regulations
We offer our employees a range of benefits including participation in our stock option program, volunteer time off, unlimited PTO, commuter benefits and 100% cost coverage for an employees medical, dental, and vision insurance. We are also committed to finding a supporting the best candidates out there and can offer to pursue sponsorship for someone who would require it.
Full Cycle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.