Full Cycle Bioplastics is on a mission to create a cleaner, more sustainable future. At the moment, we are small but mighty. Our tech helps solve the plastic pollution crisis by transforming waste into compostable materials. We’re scaling our solution to significantly decrease plastic waste and greenhouse gas emissions. We've experienced massive growth over the last year, tripling in size, with more on the way!
We are seeking someone to join our team as a Production Technician, based onsite at our production facility. If you are someone who shares our values of teamwork, clear communication, respect for the individual, urgency without frenzy, and personal accountability, this role could be amazing for you.
In this position you will work onsite with a team at the intersection of traditional waste management practices and emerging technology intended to confront the environmental impact of plastics and greenhouse gases. We harness the power of nature and use naturally occurring bacteria to make a sustainable alternative to petroleum based plastic from food waste. Your primary responsibilities will be facilitating the food waste / compost process and helping to maintain site up-keep. We highly value experience in basic mechanical skills, knowledge of the composting process. If you like working with your hands and helping with the crucial first step in healing our oceans, we'd love to chat!
Hours: 8-hour a day, 5 days a week, Mon - Fri, 8am - 4:30pm
Your day to day would include:
- Transporting materials - driving a small dump truck locally from wood chip pile to facility
- Moving around wood chips and compost material on site
- Assessing bins of food waste for compatibility
- Recording information on raw food waste as it comes into the facility
- Understanding of the composting process a plus
- Operating machinery
- Some mechanical handy work desired, knowledge of pumps, PVC valves, and PVC piping is ideal.
- Switching out hose fittings.
- Identify and fix leaks from pipes, faucets and pieces of machinery
- Operate a barrel mover and move barrels around as needed
- Break down the centrifuge, clean it and put it back together (training provided)
- Oversee tool inventory and assure tools are organized when not in use
- Assisting senior mechanic in repairs
- Some knowledge of electrical and plumbing a plus
- Ability to work in a production environment, recognizing various sounds, odors, and alarms
What you bring to the role:
- Ability to work on a team towards a shared goal
- Be trusted to work with little or no supervision
- Have an understanding of preventive maintenance needs and be able to help troubleshoot
- Be organized especially when it comes to tools and inventory
- Be willing to help with site up-keep, cleaning and power washing from time to time
- Trained or willing to be trained in chemical handling for basic chemical storage organization
- Demonstrated understanding of system processes after completion of training
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- A high degree of ethical standard, trustworthiness, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Able to lift and carry 50 lbs
- Must be able to work shifts and overtime as needed
We offer our employees a range of benefits including participation in our stock option program, volunteer time off, unlimited PTO, commuter benefits and 100% cost coverage for an employees medical, dental, and vision insurance. We are also committed to finding a supporting the best candidates out there and can offer to pursue sponsorship for someone who would require it.
Full Cycle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.