Full Cycle Bioplastics is on a mission to create a cleaner, more sustainable future. At the moment, we are small but mighty. Our tech helps solve the plastic pollution crisis by transforming waste into compostable materials. We’re scaling our solution to significantly decrease plastic waste and greenhouse gas emissions. We've experienced massive growth over the last year, tripling in size, with more on the way!
The Staff Accountant position is a broad accounting position that reports to the Controller and will assume a hands-on role in the day-to-day accounting activities to ensure sound financial reporting for this fast paced, growing company. The Staff Accountant is involved with all aspects of accounting, financial reporting, processes and controls. The Staff Accountant has primary responsibility for ensuring activity is controlled and properly reported in QuickBooks Online and Bill.com.
You will work with operations personnel and others in the organization as appropriate and interact with third party accounting and tax firms as well as financial institutions.
This position will gain exposure and experience in all aspects of operations and has a promotion trajectory to Senior Accountant.
Responsibilities and Duties
- General Accounting
- Maintain the general ledger, recording cash receipts and financial transactions.
- Develop understanding of transactions and account reconciliations. Demonstrate strength in various accounting applications.
- Perform various day-to-day business and accounting transactions relative to revenue and accounts payable.
- Maintain on-time and proper customer invoicing.
- Drive the month-end close process and preparation of the monthly, quarterly and year-end financial statements.
- Analyze and review monthly performance, prepare dashboards and generate KPIs critical to evaluating the business and decision-making.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of internal control systems, as well as design and implement new systems and best practices to optimize business performance.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations and support weekly and monthly internal reporting.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare journal entries documenting business transactions.
- Partner with peers on the team, as well as cross functionally with those in other areas such as Operations and Marketing.
- Assist with financial analytics and preparation of information for management and Board meetings.
- Ad hoc reporting and special projects, as requested. Other duties as assigned.
- Cash and Treasury Management
- Handle daily cash and bank transactions.
- Assist with treasury and cash management initiatives.
Education & Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university.
- 3+ years of related accounting experience
- Ideally 1+ years of experience working with QuickBooks online
- QBO certification strongly preferred
- 1+ years of Accounts Payable Experience (ideally using Bill.com)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Advanced abilities in Microsoft Excel and proficiency in Word required.
- Experience in QuickBooks Online and Bill.com and a propensity to explore and expand use of technology.
- Ability to be a forward thinker, big picture planner, and outcome-driven project manager.
- Strong strategic, communication and interpersonal skills with ability to effectively communicate to all levels of the organization in a clear, concise and convincing manner.
- Strong Team player with highly developed emotional intelligence skills in order to be able to build relationships and connect with employees throughout the company.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented, and data driven environment.
- Highly attentive to details and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently.
- Excellent technical skills in accounting, including experience with budgeting, cash flow projections, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Self-starter with ability to assist with process improvements and efficiencies in both operational and administrative areas of the business.
- Results oriented, high level of personal integrity.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to make decisions in a timely manner.
- Ability to connect to multiple audiences
- Solution-oriented, adaptable, and flexible
Further Job Requirements
- Sound knowledge of US GAAP, policies and procedures, and best practices
- Experience with Expensify a plus
- Experience with manufacturing a plus
- Strong financial acumen and abilities in math
- Sound judgment and an eye for quality and professional work products
- Comfortable working in a high-volume role; strong work ethic
- Comfortable working in a startup environment, knowing that priorities might change often
- Must have eligibility to work and remain in the U.S. without sponsorship
We offer our employees a range of benefits including participation in our stock option program, volunteer time off, unlimited PTO, commuter benefits and 100% cost coverage for an employees medical, dental, and vision insurance. We are also committed to finding a supporting the best candidates out there and can offer to pursue sponsorship for someone who would require it.
Full Cycle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.