Full Cycle Bioplastics is on a mission to create a cleaner, more sustainable future. At the moment, we are small but mighty. Our tech helps solve the plastic pollution crisis by transforming waste into compostable materials. We’re scaling our solution to significantly decrease plastic waste and greenhouse gas emissions. We've experienced massive growth over the last year, tripling in size, with more on the way!
The time is right to hire our first in-house finance leader. Reporting to the CEO and serving as a key advisor/partner, you will be responsible for all aspects of finance for Full Cycle. In this previously outsourced role, you will have a chance to take a greenfield department and build a team from the ground up, laying the foundation for financial best practices and programs.
The overview of this position will have you planning, implementing, managing, and controlling all financial related activities for the business. Within that scope you will grow and oversee a team that manages accounting, budget optimization, tax, treasury, deal negotiation input, forecasting, and strategic planning.
Full Cycle is in a major growth phase and the impact you can have on ensuring our business achieves financial success will be incredibly meaningful.
In this role you will:
- Bring in-house, and direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions for the organization
- Lead the process for financial forecasting, budgets, financial modeling, and reporting
- Continuously evaluate the short, mid and long-term strategic financial objectives and recommend opportunities to enhance company performance
- Adapt financial plans based on changes in the business and external conditions/regulations
- Provide financial strategy guidance to the executive leadership team and align financial objectives amongst different departments
- Ensure legal compliance of all financial functions
- Prepare all financial statements and reports
- Manage relationships with banks
- Oversee cash flow management, company audits, working capital, and financial models
- Prepare all board facing financial reporting and communication, represent financial information at board meetings
This position could be a great fit if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, accounting, or equivalent experience highly preferred; CPA or MBA a plus
- 10+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles; VP-level experience preferred
- Experience scaling new capex-intensive technologies preferred; familiarity with project finance and large-scale manufacturing also a plus
- Experience leading the implementation of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
- Experience with KPIs and setting the financial ones for the business
- Experience navigating international financial markets is a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Proficiency in Microsoft office and financial systems and software.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- An analytical mind, comfortable with numbers
- Solid GAAP and financial reporting technical skills
We offer our employees a range of benefits including participation in our stock option program, volunteer time off, unlimited PTO, commuter benefits and 100% cost coverage for an employees medical, dental, and vision insurance. We are also committed to finding a supporting the best candidates out there and can offer to pursue sponsorship for someone who would require it.
Full Cycle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.