Full Cycle Bioplastics is on a mission to create a cleaner, more sustainable future. At the moment, we are small but mighty. Our tech helps solve the plastic pollution crisis by transforming waste into compostable materials. We’re scaling our solution to significantly decrease plastic waste and greenhouse gas emissions. We've experienced massive growth over the last year, tripling in size, with more on the way!
Right now we have an abundance of material to create PHA and we need your help to increase the volume for our extraction process and overall efficiency in our lab! We are looking to hire multiple full time contractors for the next 2 or 3 months that want to get some hands-on experience in environmental science and lab work.
As a Lab Assistant, you would be responsible for maintaining the laboratory and operating our extraction machinery, highly crucial work in our mission of ridding the world of oil based plastics.
For this position, no prior experience in a lab is required, although a strong work ethic, attention to detail and the ability to show up to work on time is essential. If you’re passionate about getting your foot in the door with a company with a strong environmental mission, we’d love to connect with you!
Your day to day would include:
- Collecting sample material as necessary in lab and in field
- Following safe operating practice within the laboratory according to Full Cycle and partner safety protocols
- Maintaining cleanliness and organization of all laboratory areas, equipment, and reporting tools
- Cleaning and maintaining our PHA “dishes” and containers
- Unpacking and moving equipment, inventory and various materials, as well as organising them
- Extracting our finished PHA material
- Lifting objects up to 25 pounds
- You will need to be able to wear a respirator, and pass the respiratory fitting test as part of your employment
What you bring to the role:
- 0-2 years of experience in a job with a decent pace
- A passion for environmental science
- A natural curiosity to learn more about the lab and what we do
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule as needed
- A cheerful attitude
Please note: This role has rotating shifts that range from 6 AM to 9 PM M-F.
We offer our employees a range of benefits including participation in our stock option program, volunteer time off, unlimited PTO, commuter benefits and 100% cost coverage for an employees medical, dental, and vision insurance. We are also committed to finding a supporting the best candidates out there and can offer to pursue sponsorship for someone who would require it.
Full Cycle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.