Full Cycle Bioplastics is on a mission to create a cleaner, more sustainable future. At the moment, we are small but mighty. Our tech helps solve the plastic pollution crisis by transforming waste into compostable materials. We’re scaling our solution to significantly decrease plastic waste and greenhouse gas emissions.
As a R&D Engineer for the Technology Scale-Up Unit, you will support the design, engineering, retrofitting, build-out and commissioning of Full Cycle’s new production facility. This new facility will house multiple production lines at more than 5x the scale of our current demonstration facility. This facility is essential for optimizing Full Cycle’s novel technology for commercialization and other scale-up efforts. In addition to dedicated material production lines, this site will conduct R&D for Full Cycle’s scale-up and optimization efforts to develop IP and inform the design of additional commercial facilities.
Core responsibilities will include project management and execution for the engineering and retrofits of existing infrastructure and equipment (tanks, reactors, centrifuges, etc.) in close coordination with Full Cycle’s technology experts. You will be a key contributor to the commissioning and start-up of the facility to ensure process units meet specific goals driven by process validation efforts or client-based needs.
Your efforts will contribute to ongoing research and optimization for commercialization and the production of Full Cycle’s naturally derived and biodegradable biopolymer.
If you have a passion for scaling first of its kind technology towards creating a more circular economy, we would love to speak to you about this position.
On the Technology Scale-Up team you will:
Contribute engineering and project management expertise toward the build-out of Full Cycle’s new production facility.
- Support project management of the design, engineering and retrofitting of Full Cycle’s new production facility in San Jose, CA
- Serve as engineering expert and liaison between Full Cycle and contracted partners
- Work closely with Full Cycle engineers and contractors to source, vet and test new equipment based on specific process parameters and goals driven by process validation or client-based needs
- Support the creation of all retrofit and commissioning plans
- Review literature and processes of current technology
Communicate and convey technical concepts to Full Cycle Units.
- Work closely and collaboratively with Full Cycle’s Growth and Optimization teams to proactively surface technical gaps between client-based needs and current service and technical capabilities
- Convey technical concepts and solutions to non-technical and executive audiences
- Bring a creative and solutions-based mindset to generate unique and scalable technology while fulfilling Full Cycle’s circular and sustainable goals
- Bring excellent communication skills
- Bring excellent organization skills to enable efficient project management in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while also maintaining technical documentation that includes P&IDs, process parameters and operating procedures
Your experience includes:
- Process design and engineering for biotechnology, especially fermentations
- Degree in a relevant field (Process Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Environmental Engineering or Sciences) and 3+ years of experience
- Project Management, especially with retrofitting and commissioning of fermentation infrastructure
- Excellent communication skills and aptitude for working with cross-functional teams
- Effective written, oral, and interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a team involving staff, clients and outside agencies
You’re going to love this job if you:
- Thrive in a dynamic work environment with a small team posing creative solutions for difficult problems
- Are passionate to engineer sustainable and efficient processes for novel technology
- Enjoy adding foundation and structure to a fast-growing team and evolving technology
- Enjoy communicating foreign, yet incredible, science to internal and external audiences
We offer our employees a range of benefits including participation in our stock option program, volunteer time off, a flexible vacation policy, and 100% cost coverage for an employees medical, dental, and vision insurance. We are also committed to finding a supporting the best candidates out there and can offer to pursue sponsorship for someone who would require it.
Full Cycle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.