Full Cycle Bioplastics is on a mission to create a cleaner, more sustainable future. At the moment, we are small but mighty. Our tech helps solve the plastic pollution crisis by transforming waste into compostable materials. We’re scaling our solution to significantly decrease plastic waste and greenhouse gas emissions. We've experienced massive growth over the last year, tripling in size, with more on the way!
We are seeking candidates for the critical role of Extraction Technician to support our rapid growth. Our team comes first, so we’re looking for candidates who share our values of teamwork, humility and empathy, clear communication, respect, urgency without frenzy, and personal accountability.
The Extraction Technician is responsible for performing extraction processes for the separation of polyhydroxyalkanoate (PHA) bioplastic from microbial biomass as directed by the designated supervisor. The technician may also be involved in the pilot facility operations as determined by company needs. This is a production position within the Operations division of Full Cycle that will work closely with both Operations and R&D staff to achieve its goals. This position is part of a small team responsible for the extraction of PHA produced at a demonstration facility of Full Cycle’s organic waste to bioplastic technology.
We highly value experience in the following areas: green chemistry, chemical separations, purification, filtration, and technology scale-up.
Your day to day would include:
- Startup, operate, and shut down manufacturing equipment in accordance with Current Good Management Practices (CGMP).
- Execute production activities including, but not limited to, pressure vessel operation, preparing solutions, maintaining/adjusting equipment and packing finished materials.
- Execute support activities including, but not limited to, inventory maintenance, troubleshooting, un/loading of materials and hauling of materials.
- Execute protocols accurately and with limited supervision.
- Address and report problems in daily manufacturing and propose effective countermeasures.
- Ensure safe and efficient lab operations by following safe operating practices according to Full Cycle and partner safety protocols.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of all work areas, equipment and reporting tools.
- Inspect inputs and outputs for adherence to specifications.
- Measure, record and report data associated with operating equipment.
- Attention to detail in records keeping, production logs, maintenance, training and following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Communicate effectively with team members, management, facilities, planning and purchasing staff.
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or related field or High School equivalent with related professional experience such as extraction or chemical processing
- 0-2 years of experience in a professional chemical or biochemical setting
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule as needed
- The ability to lift 50lbs
- Preference for experience with: technology scale-up, fermentation, extraction of products from biomass, analytical chemistry, biological systems, bioreactors, automated systems, material properties testing, and polymer formulation
- You will need to be able to wear a respirator, and pass the respiratory fitting test as part of your employment
We offer our employees a range of benefits including participation in our stock option program, volunteer time off, unlimited PTO, commuter benefits and 100% cost coverage for an employees medical, dental, and vision insurance. We are also committed to finding a supporting the best candidates out there and can offer to pursue sponsorship for someone who would require it.
Full Cycle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.