Full Cycle Bioplastics is on a mission to create a cleaner, more sustainable future. At the moment, we are small but mighty. Our tech helps solve the plastic pollution crisis by transforming waste into compostable materials. We’re scaling our solution to significantly decrease plastic waste and greenhouse gas emissions.
Our tech helps solve the plastic pollution crisis by transforming waste into compostable materials. We’re scaling our solution to significantly decrease plastic waste and greenhouse gas emissions.
The Full Cycle Growth Team identifies and negotiates partnerships that power Full Cycle’s technology commercialization strategy. We partner across the waste and plastic value chains to catalyze the development of circular solutions.
As Full Cycle’s Circular Economy Market Researcher you will have a diverse set of responsibilities including supporting the execution of sales-related projects that reinforce Full Cycle’s growth strategies. This includes deep research and analysis of waste markets, the bioeconomy, plastics and the circular economy. You will help convene cross-functional teams and provide thought leadership. You are comfortable escalating and presenting business development strategies and key issues to senior management.
On any given day you will:
- Partner with the Growth team to continually evolve and improve the organization’s partnership, sales and marketing strategies
- Lead market research and data analysis, interpretation and visualization: distill and leverage critical insights to define key takeaways and provide recommended action plans to drive informed decisions
- Broadly socialize key findings and partner across the Full Cycle ecosystem
- Develop tools, templates and processes to improve efficiency of Growth functions and associates. Enhance predictive capabilities to drive data-driven decisions on risks
- Support identification and nurturing of strategic partnerships across Full Cycle’s value chain (waste/feedstock, plastic/PHA offtake, government, etc.) with the goal of strengthening the organization’s revenue base, impact potential, and brand
- Collaborate with the engineering team to properly scope and execute revenue-generating projects
- Be responsible for organizing and owning highly visible projects involving many cross-functional stakeholders both internal and external
- Support the development of marketing and communication materials needed to recruit new partners and keep current partners informed and engaged
- Proactively build partnerships and bridges to drive process efficiency, productivity, and quality
- Love to learn and are intensely curious. Many of the projects will be about building capabilities that the org doesn’t currently have.
- Have the ability to self-manage and deal with ambiguity. While you will have significant time with the Head of Growth, you will also have the opportunity to invent and create on your own.
- Like to “figure it out” vs. being given detailed instructions. Often, Growth works on areas in the business where we have limited experience. So, we figure it out and finish the project with a new capability. You like to create instructions much more than you like reading them.
- Are creative. You are able to find solutions to interesting and sometimes difficult challenges and opportunities. These solutions often will involve developing entirely new capabilities and processes well outside of what the industry may consider “best practices”. You get a thrill out of creating new and better “best practices”. You like being out of the box.
- Are able to work across the organization effectively by having relationships with key partners in each vertical, all while understanding how the teams need to work together to accomplish common goals.
- Have the confidence and capacity to deal with a variety of stakeholders. One day you’ll be working with the leader of a global company, the next you’ll be partnering with Full Cycle’s engineering team to solve a new challenge.
- Are adaptable. Some of what we will try will not work. You’ll need to be able to pivot and iterate efficiently.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- B.S. in business administration, environmental studies, economics, finance or related field required; M.S. preferred
- Experience in or understanding of the principles of the circular economy
- Ability to gather and then synthesize key takeaways across wide range and variety of data sources and translate insights into actionable opportunities; structured and compelling communication skills (written and verbal)
- Proven track record of delivering sustainable results and problem-solving. Comfort with ambiguity and working in a fast-paced organization.
- Strong Story Telling Skills: Ability to take complex information and tell a compelling story to gain buy-in and influence as needed.
- 1-2 years of experience in a project management role and/or lead consulting role
- Experience managing cross-functional internal and external stakeholders
- Experience building senior-level partner relationships
- Ability to clarify complex issues to internal and external audiences
- Ability to structure creative agreement structures and develop conceptual solutions
- Strong communication skills
It would be awesome if you also had:
- Knowledge of Circular Economy businesses and ecosystems
- An established network in the ClimateTech and/or waste conversion space
… and if you don’t we will teach you!
We offer our employees a range of benefits including participation in our stock option program, volunteer time off, a flexible vacation policy, and 100% cost coverage for an employees medical, dental, and vision insurance. We are also committed to finding a supporting the best candidates out there and can offer to pursue sponsorship for someone who would require it.
Full Cycle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.