Full Cycle Bioplastics is on a mission to create a cleaner, more sustainable future. At the moment, we are small but mighty. Our tech helps solve the plastic pollution crisis by transforming waste into compostable materials. We’re scaling our solution to significantly decrease plastic waste and greenhouse gas emissions.
As a Process / Scale-Up Engineer, you will support the development and delivery of Full Cycle’s commercial license package to construct our first commercial facility. Core responsibilities will include project management over the construction of the facility in close coordination with Full Cycle’s technology experts and the engineering and construction firms designing and building the facility. You will be a key contributor with technology validation and deriving functional specifications for equipment, processes and automation. Your efforts will contribute to a clear and concise technology license package that will be used for current and future commercial facilities.
If you have a passion for scaling first of its kind technology towards creating a more circular economy, we would love to speak to you about this position.
On the Technology Scale-Up team you will:
Contribute engineering and project management expertise.
- Support project management of the design and construction of Full Cycle’s first commercial facility
- Serve as engineering expert and liaison between Full Cycle and its contracted design and construction partners
- Work closely with EPC firm to source, vet and test new equipment based on specific process parameters and goals
- Support the creation of all construction plans and review P&IDs
- Review literature and processes of current technology
Develop key components of Full Cycle’s license package.
- Define technology requirements and technical specifications for Full Cycle’s equipment, process and automation to guide the design and construction by external partners, including the engineering, design and construction (EPC) firm
- Support technology validation and experimentation to define functional specifications and process parameters, and make equipment recommendations
- Develop IQ, OQ and PQ documentation for the commissioning phase of facility start-up
Communicate and convey technical concepts to Full Cycle and beyond.
- Work closely with Full Cycle’s Growth, Production, and Optimization teams, proactively surfacing technical gaps in equipment and processes across facility scales
- Convey technical concepts and solutions to non-technical and executive audiences
- Bring a creative and solutions-based mindset to generate unique and scalable technology while fulfilling Full Cycle’s circular and sustainable goals
- Bring excellent communication skills within Full Cycle (Technology Team and Growth Team) and among EPC firm and external partners.
- Bring excellent organization skills to enable efficient project management in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while also maintaining technical documentation that includes functional specifications, process parameters, and operating procedures
Your experience includes:
- Proven record in scaling new technology in commercial applications
- Process design and engineering for biotechnology, especially fermentations
- Degree in a relevant field (Process Engineering, Chemical Engineering Mechanical Engineering) and 5+ years of experience
- Project Management, especially with construction of commercial scale infrastructure
- Excellent communication skills and aptitude for working with cross-functional teams
- Effective written, oral, and interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a team involving staff, clients and outside agencies
You’re going to love this job if you:
- Thrive in a dynamic work environment with a small team posing creative solutions for difficult problems
- Are passionate to engineer sustainable and efficient processes for novel technology
- Enjoy adding foundation and structure to a fast-growing team and evolving technology
- Enjoy communicating foreign, yet incredible, science to internal and external audiences
We offer our employees a range of benefits including participation in our stock option program, volunteer time off, a flexible vacation policy, and 100% cost coverage for an employees medical, dental, and vision insurance. We are also committed to finding a supporting the best candidates out there and can offer to pursue sponsorship for someone who would require it.
Full Cycle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.