Full Cycle Bioplastics is on a mission to create a cleaner, more sustainable future. At the moment, we are small but mighty. Our tech helps solve the plastic pollution crisis by transforming waste into compostable materials. We’re scaling our solution to significantly decrease plastic waste and greenhouse gas emissions.
We are seeking someone to join our team as a Production Associate, based onsite at our production facility. If you are someone who shares our values of teamwork, humility and empathy, clear communication, respect for the individual, urgency without frenzy, and personal accountability, this role could be amazing for you.
In this position you will work onsite with a team at the intersection of traditional waste management practices and emerging technology intended to confront the environmental impact of plastics and greenhouse gases. We harness the power of nature and use naturally occurring bacteria to make a sustainable alternative to petroleum based plastic from food waste. Included responsibilities are similar to those found in a lab environment as well as a manufacturing floor. Knowledge in the areas of environmental systems, waste management, wastewater treatment, fermentation, composting, and lab research will support you well in this position. We highly value experience in standard laboratory operations and safety practices.
Hours: 8-hour shifts between 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday, with flexibility for the shift to move between the hours of 6am-10pm with possible weekends.
Your day to day would include:
- Ensure quality control by conducting sample analysis and recording sampling results (we use High Performance Liquid Chromatography, Total Organic Carbon analyzer, Fourier Transform Infrared spectrophotometer, plus other lab equipment)
- Maintain accurate and neat records and production samples as required
- Collect data and ensure proper reporting by:
- Recording inbound & outbound weights of materials throughout operations
- Run automated and manual material transfers per process parameters
- Run centrifuge operation process
- Collect, transfer, and store production materials
- Record all quality or inspection data
- Record all production data
- Collect and load outbound materials for shipment and support shipping/receiving activity as directed
- Help us continually improve our processes by identifying process challenges and coordinate troubleshooting efforts with Supervisor
- Set up, clean and operate machinery per company standards
- Directly handle material by collecting, transferring, unloading, and processing food waste and wood chips
- Run material loading and pulping processes
- Ensure correct loading of in-vessel composter per established process parameters and monitor in-vessel composter operation
- Ensure a safe and functional workspace by assisting with cleaning and maintaining operating area and perform maintenance as directed
- Follow and support all safety policies and procedures and ensure all waste or byproducts are disposed of according to relevant rules and regulations
- Record shipping/receiving information
- Help with other duties as may be assigned from time to time to ensure timely, efficient operation of the Bioplastic & Compost Facility
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, chemistry, biological sciences or related discipline and/or equivalent work experience preferred (Manufacturing, Compost, Wastewater, Fermentation, Biotech Operations, Sustainable Materials, Environmental Systems field are a huge plus)
- Ability to work in a production environment, recognizing various sounds, odors, and alarms
- Demonstrated understanding of system processes after completion of training
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- A high degree of ethical standard, trustworthiness, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Excellent English communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Able to lift and carry 50 lbs
- Must be able to work shifts and overtime as needed
- Basic knowledge of piping, tubing and fitting sizes (thread standards/PVC/brass/stainless steel)
- Basic machine maintenance skills: oil & grease machines, ability to change parts, and the ability to use hand tools to repair/calibrate
- Experience with circular materials, compost, plastics, fermentation or biotechnology
We offer our employees a range of benefits including participation in our stock option program, volunteer time off, a flexible vacation policy, and 100% cost coverage for an employees medical, dental, and vision insurance. We are also committed to finding a supporting the best candidates out there and can offer to pursue sponsorship for someone who would require it.
Full Cycle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.