Full Cycle Bioplastics is on a mission to create a cleaner, more sustainable future. At the moment, we are small but mighty. Our tech helps solve the plastic pollution crisis by transforming waste into compostable materials. We’re scaling our solution to significantly decrease plastic waste and greenhouse gas emissions. We've experienced massive growth over the last year, tripling in size, with more on the way!
We are looking to add an experienced mechanic who will oversee and implement our preventative maintenance program for our lab and production equipment for our two main locations in San Jose and Mountain View, ensuring they are operating at their finest. You would focus on preventative measures for all the equipment as well as perform hands on repairs and upgrades.
On any given day you would:
- Support the development of Equipment Maintenance Program (FIIX) at Full Cycle’s pilot scale production facility in Mountain View and combined laboratory/extraction facility in San Jose
- Perform and track preventive maintenance on a wide range of equipment:
- Rotary positive blower, 5 hp air compressor, blower after-cooler, Muffin Monster shredder, Vincent screw press, Green Mountain Technologies EF-40 composter, chemical containment and conveyance systems, Alfa Laval Clara20 centrifuge, mobile drum lifter, conveyor, pump skids including electric motors, centrifugal pumps, pneumatic controllers, true union ball valves, heat exchangers, hot water boiler, tanks, compost trailer, air compressor and some auto maintenance.
- Maintain up-to-date logs of equipment maintenance, issues, troubleshooting, and repairs
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of equipment, including manuals and safety practices
- Support facility upgrades: assemble and install new equipment as needed (can include plumbing, structural, and electrical)
- Diagnose and repair equipment: rolling equipment, stationary equipment, motors, pumps, bearings, pneumatic controllers, valves
- Develop a spare parts inventory onsite and restock inventory routinely
- Support the site safety program by ensuring all equipment is safe to operate and assist site manager with executing LOTO practices and training
- Assist in training other staff in standard maintenance and operation of equipment
Your experience could include:
- Diagnostics and repair of pumps, electric motors, pipe fittings, structural
- Solid foundation for troubleshooting
- Handy with using tools and administering repairs
- Proper tool selection and use
- Ability to understand user manuals and diagrams to their full extent
- Comfort using smartphones and laptops to update equipment tracking on FIIX
- Strong and creative problem-solving skills, including identifying improvements to machine efficiencies
- Strong organizational skills, including an ability to prioritize activities and work with limited supervision
- Ability to make good decisions using sound, professional judgment
- Ability to communicate issues with equipment and best practices to use equipment
You’ll enjoy working with us if you:
- Like tinkering, working with your hands, and enjoy being outside
- Thrive in stimulating, dynamic work environments
- Work well both independently and in small teams
- Have a strong affinity for learning, particularly new technologies
- Easily adapt when things don’t go as planned
- Are intrigued by natural systems and taking care of the environment
- Care about the impact of your work
We offer our employees a range of benefits including participation in our stock option program, volunteer time off, unlimited PTO, commuter benefits and 100% cost coverage for an employees medical, dental, and vision insurance. We are also committed to finding a supporting the best candidates out there and can offer to pursue sponsorship for someone who would require it.
Full Cycle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.