Full Cycle Bioplastics is on a mission to create a cleaner, more sustainable future. At the moment, we are small but mighty. Our tech helps solve the plastic pollution crisis by transforming waste into compostable materials. We’re scaling our solution to significantly decrease plastic waste and greenhouse gas emissions.
We are seeking candidates for the critical role of Laboratory Technician to contribute to our rapid growth. Our team comes first, so we’re looking for candidates who share our values of teamwork, humility and empathy, clear communication, respect for the individual, urgency without frenzy, and personal accountability.
As a Lab Technician, you would be responsible for maintaining the laboratory and executing R&D experiments. You may also be involved in the Pilot facility operations depending on company needs.
We highly value experience in the following areas: wild-type bacteria fermentation, bioreactor operation, extraction, technology scale-up, bioplastics (polyhydroxyalkanoates in particular), and green chemistry. Since the Full Cycle process does not use Genetically Modified Organisms, we do not consider experience with gene editing/CRISPR9/etc to be necessary for success in the role.
Your day to day would include:
- Supporting company research & development activities by research projects related to various aspects of biotechnological manufacturing systems
- Conducting bench-scale experiments
- Supporting bioreactor and other laboratory equipment startup, shutdown, and regular maintenance
- Collecting sample material as necessary in lab and in field
- Collecting and analyzing data as required and performing analytical testing
- Assist with the analysis, interpretation and reporting of results in an accurate and timely
- Recording detailed observations of experiments in laboratory notebook and generate weekly and other summaries of development progress as requested
- Following safe operating practice within the laboratory according to Full Cycle and partner safety protocols
- Maintaining cleanliness and organization of all laboratory areas, equipment, and reporting tools
What you bring to the role:
- 0-2 years of experience in a professional chemical or biochemical laboratory setting plus undergraduate experience with the same
- Experience with: technology scale-up, fermentation, extraction of products from biomass, analytical chemistry, biological systems, water quality testing, bioreactors, automated systems, material properties testing, and polymer formulation is a plus.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, chemistry, biological sciences, polymer sciences, engineering, or related discipline and/or equivalent work experience preferred
We offer our employees a range of benefits including participation in our stock option program, volunteer time off, a flexible vacation policy, and 100% cost coverage for an employees medical, dental, and vision insurance. We are also committed to finding a supporting the best candidates out there and can offer to pursue sponsorship for someone who would require it.
Full Cycle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.