Fulfil is a well-funded, rapidly growing, and inclusive company that has developed a custom automation robotics system to pick and pack online orders of groceries and other consumables, bringing delight and a value proposition to consumers that doesn’t exist today. Additionally, its unique design and technology is purpose-built to solve today’s environmental problems in the world’s food supply chain. Founded by a team with previous startup success and backed by top-tier VCs, we are committed to reducing waste, improving environmental impact, and reducing emissions with truly new technology. Our first commercial product launch with the technology was in summer 2022.
We can’t do it alone -- we’re seeking curious, capable, passionate team members motivated by the opportunity to create lasting impact on the world through their work. This role offers ample growth opportunities while working side-by-side with an impassioned, multi-disciplinary team spanning mechanical design, software, computer vision, systems integration, and ops to design and operationalize world-changing technology.
Fulfil is committed to creating an inclusive culture, and we celebrate diversity of all kinds. If this sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then please apply even if you don’t feel you meet all the requirements listed below. We'd love to hear from you.
As an Electrical Engineer you will have the opportunity to drive innovation in electrical systems development, along with a multi-disciplinary engineering team, in a fast-growing start-up company. In this role you will take ownership of the electrical safety, power and control systems for our proprietary industrial automation equipment in accordance with industry standards, best practices, and requirements. This role offers ample growth opportunities while working side-by-side with a motivated team to bring our innovative and exciting new technology to reality.
In This Role You Will
- Own challenging electrical design projects in industrial automation and robotics systems
- Drive projects from conceptualization through design, integration and scaled manufacturing, while ensuring design meets system-level requirements
- Ideate novel solutions from individual part design to the system level
- Oversee technical work of engineers who collaborate on your projects
- Design power distribution systems, harnessing, logical and physical schematics, and wiring diagrams
- Design panel layout considering safety, ease of install and maintenance, and optimal wire and cable routing
- Team lead in safe and standard compliant assembly of electronics, training others to follow safe and standard procedures
- Design for compliance with UL, ISO and IE standards
- Collaboration with contract manufacturers from prototyping through production
- Test new designs on the bench and in system to ensure function and performance
- Impact the company’s overall performance by contributing to a positive work culture, encouraging good engineering practices, and helping to create and improve robust engineering workflows and processes
What We’re Looking For
- BS or MS in electrical engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of professional work experience
- Experience owning power electronics, control panels, automation equipment or industrial systems (servo motors, sensors, relays etc) projects
- Experience bringing-up and troubleshooting new equipment
- Knowledgeable on design to UL 508A
- Hands on experience with typical lab equipment and tools (oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, power supplies, soldering equipment)
What We’d Love To See
- Experience with up to 240VAC and/or 340VDC industrial electronics and power system design
- Experience managing control panel projects with contract manufacturers
- Experience with Solidworks Electrical
- Experience working with industrial communication protocols (CAN, Ethernet, RS485, etc)
- Familiarity with other Relevant Industrial Equipment Standards (IEC 61010, IEC 62368, etc)
- Familiarity with design/implementation of Functional Safety to ISO 13849
- Desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- Care for local and global communities, and desire to make an impact through technology
- Not afraid of robots
What You Get
- A chance to be an early team member and leader of a rapidly growing startup and have an impact on company and technology direction
- The ability to solve challenging problems with a skilled, dedicated and friendly multi-disciplinary team
- A balanced, highly collaborative work environment
- A Hybrid work structure
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage, with 401K, life and disability coverage
- A PTO policy where we encourage and expect all employees to take time to enjoy life outside of work
- Discount on groceries from our store
- The salary range for this position is $120,000-$150,000 plus stock and benefits. Pay within the range is based on candidate experience, job-specific skills, education, and work location.
At Fulfil we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, capabilities, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.