What We're All About
Fueled is an award-winning technology consultancy that transforms businesses by generating ideas, building products, and accelerating growth. There are really only two things that make Fueled special: our process and our team. We’ve got the process part sorted. But we’re growing fast and we have high standards, so we’re always opportunistic when we find someone who makes the cut. We are a lean, tenacious machine powered by the sharpest, most passionate people we could find. Learn more about us: fueled.com
Roles and Responsibilities
As a Senior Frontend Engineer, you are responsible for developing features and solving bugs while leading engineering decisions and practices on a project. You are also responsible for providing accurate estimations at both the task and project level, forecasting and mitigating risk, and partnering effectively with Product Managers, Designers, Backend Engineers and Frontend Engineers to ensure the delivery of practical solutions. You will also be required to mentor contributing engineers and establish best practices and standards with your team. Other responsibilities will include...
- Reliably estimate tasks/projects of varying sizes and complexities
- Handle a wide variety of different-sized tasks with high complexity
- Establish project architecture and adhere to the best practices for projects
- Identify and remove technical debts on a project
- Actively participate in code reviews in project(s)
- Own test coverage and policies on a project
- Proactively identify and work on performance, security, and accessibility issues
- Lead/support internal and external technical collaboration
- Modifying and writing complex specifications and project documentation.
- Ensure quality of project deliverables
- Ensure client and project team satisfaction
- Handle escalations from retros
- Lead small to large-sized projects of medium to high complexity
- Modify highly sophisticated code, write complex code, and maintain consistent adherence to industry standards
- Manage and mentor junior engineers in the team
- Support team growth, engagement and hirings
- Identify, communicate and document front-end and backend best practices and standards
The Ideal Candidate
- Has 3 to 5 years of web development experience, preferably in an agency environment
- Has a solid understanding of programming fundamentals and computer systems.
- Has a broad understanding of User Interfaces, Accessibility Standards, Database Systems, Web Applications, Networking and Backend Systems
- Has a good understanding of functional and async programming concepts.
- Has a broad understanding of frontend, backend and DevOps technologies
- Is familiar with Single Page Application frameworks, specifically ReactJS, but others a plus
- Has experience applying designs and model data schemas from Sketch/Figma files
- Is able to setup and configure state management and data-store(s)
- Has familiarity with build tools, code splitting, pre-rendering and has experience building and hosting web applications in production
- Is aware of cross-browser compatibility issues and web application security
- Has broad understanding of database systems like Native IndexedDB, Cloud FireStore, WatermelonDB, RxDB, etc.
- Has a deep understanding of HTTP(S), RESTful APIs and is comfortable working with GraphQL and WebSockets
- Is experienced with project management systems such as Linear, JIRA, Trello, etc.
- Has excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Writes code that is consistently easy to grok by those at the same level
- Experience working with a global or otherwise multicultural team
- Experience working with open-source projects and communities
Perks and Benefits
- Annual performance bonuses
- Unlimited vacation policy (24 days required per year)
- 8 paid company holidays
- 12 paid sick or personal days per year
- Private healthcare plan through AXA (employee coverage paid 100% by Fueled)
- Smart Pension plan
- Yearly anniversary gifts from Fueled ($500 USD)
- Monthly working from home budget (£100)
- Employee and client referral bonuses
- Company-supplied Apple machine
- Quarterly team meals and activities
- Departmental Learning & Development budgets
- Happy hours, trivia nights, board game nights, and more
Fueled is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Fueled for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, who you love, how you worship, or what your favorite mobile operating system is. We build products for everyone, and our team should reflect that. Bring us your unique experience, perspective, and background!