What We're All About
Fueled is an award-winning technology consultancy that transforms businesses by generating ideas, building products, and accelerating growth. There are really only two things that make Fueled special: our process and our team. We’ve got the process part sorted. But we’re growing fast and we have high standards, so we’re always opportunistic when we find someone who makes the cut. We are a lean, tenacious machine powered by the sharpest, most passionate people we could find. Learn more about us: fueled.com
Roles and Responsibilities
- Understand, architect and develop web applications using latest technologies
- Heavily influence project success and profitability while ensuring quality control on project work, project deliverables, and task tracking
- Support retros and contribute to sprint task estimation
- Handle small to large tasks and support integration
- Contribute to team growth, engagement, and external technical collaboration and act as a mentor.
- Escalate issues when necessary and work to find a pragmatic solution
- Participate in code reviews of own and others' work and advise on disputes in others' reviews
The Ideal Candidate
- Has 4–5 years of Frontend Development experience, preferably in an agency environment
- Has management experience and is interested in managing other members of the Web team
- Has experience working on a team and collaborating
- Is familiar with Single Page Application frameworks specifically React & Vue.js but others a plus.
- Has familiarity with build tools, code splitting, pre-rendering and has experience building web applications for production.
- Has experience hosting a SPA either through some service (Netlify, S3/Cloudfront, Firebase Hosting, etc)
- Understands version control with Git and Github. Knows Git/GitHub best practice for working collaboratively in a team.
- Is able to pick up new languages/frameworks and has the desire to further skillset
- Has experience integrating with third-party systems (CMS, analytics, etc.)
- Has deep understanding of HTTP(S) and RESTful APIs and is comfortable working with GraphQL and websockets
- Has experience applying designs that come out of Figma/Sketch
- Has experience with project management systems such as JIRA, Linear, Trello, etc.
- Has excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Is capable of accurately executing design work into code whilst forming exciting user journeys using appropriate and creative end user experience techniques
Perks and Benefits
- Unlimited vacation policy, including 12 paid national holidays
- 24 days of vacation required per year
- 12 paid sick or personal days per year
- Annual performance bonuses (eligibility begins after 16 weeks of employment)
- Extended health and dental coverage
- Allocated budget for Learning & Development
- Allocated monthly budget for remote work (amount varies per location)
- Anniversary gifts (up to $500 USD value)
- Team meetups and retreats