fuboTV is the world’s only sports-focused live streaming TV service with top leagues and teams, plus popular shows, movies and news for the entire household. We have 100+ live TV channels, including the FOX, NBC, CBS, ABC and Disney broadcast catalogs, plus Showtime, AMC…and thousands of on-demand titles! fuboTV can be accessed on multiple platforms, including Web, Android, iOS, tvOS, Fire TV, Android TV, Roku, XBox, smart TV's and Chromecast.
We’re rapidly growing — in employees, subscribers and our content offerings. Which means we need your help taking us to the next level.
fuboTV is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.
About the Role:
fuboTV is looking for talented individuals to join our fast-growing company on our Networks team. The ideal candidates must be knowledgeable and experienced with master control playout systems in a live event broadcast setting.
The successful candidate is driven, creative and enthusiastic to join a team that values collaboration, patience and the determination it takes to work at a high level. Striving to consistently increase the networks’ brand value, he/she is also responsible for reliable, consistent operation of these systems to provide a top quality video delivery experience for our customers.
The Live Events Engineer is to set up and coordinate the execution of live events. Many live events take place after regular working hours and on weekends. Candidates should understand the day-to-day job expectations before agreeing to work on this team.
- Work with multiple teams to align and schedule upcoming live events for playout
- Provide operational support as needed to programming teams and during live event
- Perform routine maintenances as needed, possibly overnight
- Execute multiple live streaming events concurrently; be the sole owner of many tier-1 live events for our customers making sure they have the highest quality experience
- Make in-room decisions as a call leader; organizing tasks between production, service partners, and directing other support engineers during live events.
- Work with senior engineers and other teams on high-severity, active support issues, prioritizing mitigation while investigating root-cause fixes
- Deliver event reports to senior leadership
- Aid in the development and testing of operational tools that improve efficiency through automation
- Ownership of one or more video products or components
- Customer notification and workflow coordination with follow-up to maintain service level agreements
- Creating and maintaining team specific knowledge-base articles and operational and training documentation
- Assist in the training of new Live Event staff as the team grows
- Have 2+ years of experience operating playout automation systems in a live master control environment at a television/cable/MVPD (or similar) provider
- Maintain and grow professional relationships with internal and external business stakeholders
- Availability off-schedule (late hours and/or weekends) to monitor broadcasts and support live events; address mission-critical incidents as they arise; escalating as necessary to oncall teams and business partners
- Understanding of various video and audio codecs such as AVC, HEVC, AAC, E-AC3 with emphasis on video/audio quality
- Understanding of various streaming packaging methods such as HLS and DASH
- Understanding of various multimedia transport protocols such as: RTP, RTMP, SRT, UDP, Zixi
- Familiarity with SSAI a plus
- Familiarity with Master Control and Playout technology
- Familiarity with different CDN vendors and their systems (e.g. Akamai, Level3, Fastly, etc.)
- Familiarity with enterprise MPEG Analysis tools, such as Tektronix, Ineoquest, Elecard, etc
- Familiarity with testing live event environments
The Ideal Candidate will also:
- Enjoy working in a fast-moving environment in which individual contributors are trusted and depended upon to set technical direction
- Enjoy learning new things and sharing knowledge with co-workers
- Take the initiative in identifying and removing roadblocks
- Be a pleasure to work with in a professional environment
- Be comfortable giving and receiving honest feedback
- Be unafraid of failure
- Enjoy disrupting the status quo
Perks & Benefits:
- fuboTV provides a highly competitive compensation based on experience and market standards.
- Robust benefit package including equity, Health/Dental/Vision coverage sponsored up to 100% for employees, 401k, Life Insurance, and commuter benefits
- Free Premium fuboTV Account
- Health and Wellness initiatives including discounts on Gym Memberships (NYC location)
- Unlimited PTO days and regular company-wide activities.
- fuboTV's main Headquarters are located in Midtown Manhattan.
- fuboTV is an e-verified company