fuboTV is the world’s only sports-focused live streaming TV service with top leagues and teams, plus popular shows, movies and news for the entire household. We have 100+ live TV channels, including the FOX, NBC, CBS, ABC and Disney broadcast catalogs, plus Showtime, AMC…and thousands of on-demand titles! fuboTV can be accessed on multiple platforms, including Web, Android, iOS, tvOS, Fire TV, Android TV, Roku, XBox, smart TV's and Chromecast.
We’re rapidly growing — in employees, subscribers and our content offerings. Which means we need your help taking us to the next level.
fuboTV is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.
About the Role:
fuboTV is looking for an exceptional Software Engineer with a passion for video systems that solve complex problems.
As a member of the VOD Encoding & Operations team at fuboTV, you will work in a video streaming ecosystem that writes code for all parts of a VOD encoding and packaging pipeline. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to engineer solutions for research and innovations sake within the ecosystem that is streaming video.
As a Software Engineer on a small, dedicated team, this role also requires an aptitude for removing complexity from existing architectures, performing frequent code reviews, mentoring fellow engineers, and representing fuboTV and its interests with third parties and vendors.
All fuboTV Software Engineers must:
- Architect, design, develop, test, maintain, and improve software systems
- Have 2+ years of experience in delivering working software
- Write clean, well-tested code
- Be familiar with REST APIs and SQL
- Have a mastery of at least one modern backend stack, with a willingness to learn new technologies and methodologies
- Have an interest or experience in video, message queues, and/or microservices
- Collaborate with other engineers and members of the fuboTV team to determine priorities and best practices, and refine functional requirements
Software Engineers on the VOD Encoding & Ops team are expected to have the following:
- 4+ years of experience delivering production-quality software in a high traffic environment
- Experience with HLS & DASH video delivery standards
- Experience writing and deploying cloud-computed-hosted code (e.g. GCP, AWS)
- Solid understanding of relational and key-value store databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, Redis, cloud SaaS NoSQL/SQL)
- Familiarity with modern code-deployment toolchains (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Expertise and experience of media containers (such as MP4 and MPEG-2 TS), streaming protocols (such as DASH and HLS), and tools for encoding/decoding/muxing/demuxing (such as ffmpeg, x264, x265, MP4Box, isoviewer), and content protection (CENC)
- Experience debugging and profiling software run on a Linux operating system (e.g. GDB, PProf, etc.)
- Participate in an on-call rotation and act as a subject matter expert for fuboTV-internal groups
- Remain informed of industry best-practices and standards and promote their use internally to the video teams throughout the fuboTV engineering organization (including HLS, DASH, and other video-specific technologies)
- Enhance the quality of our codebases while increasing their simplicity, as well as providing mentoring to help teammates do the same
We are looking for Software Engineers who care about code quality, uptime, performance, continuous deployment, SOLID design principles, and agile (with a lowercase "a") methodologies.
The ideal candidate will also:
- Enjoy learning new things and sharing knowledge with coworkers
- Be a pleasure to work with in a professional environment
- Be comfortable giving and receiving honest (but polite) feedback
- Be unafraid of failure
Perks & Benefits:
- fuboTV provides a highly competitive compensation based on experience and market standards.
- Robust benefit package including stock options, Health/Dental/Vision coverage sponsored up to 100% for employees, 401k, Life Insurance, and commuter benefits
- Free Premium fuboTV Account
- Health and Wellness initiatives including discounts on Gym Memberships (NYC location)
- Unlimited PTO days and regular company-wide activities.
- fuboTV's main Headquarters are located in Midtown Manhattan.
- fuboTV is an e-verified company