fuboTV is the world’s only sports-focused live streaming TV service with top leagues and teams, plus popular shows, movies and news for the entire household. We have 100+ live TV channels, including the FOX, NBC, CBS, ABC and Disney broadcast catalogs, plus Showtime, AMC…and thousands of on-demand titles! fuboTV can be accessed on multiple platforms, including Web, Android, iOS, tvOS, Fire TV, Android TV, Roku, XBox, smart TV's and Chromecast.
We’re rapidly growing — in employees, subscribers and our content offerings. Which means we need your help taking us to the next level.
fuboTV is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.
fuboTV is seeking an enthusiastic Solutions Engineer to help us build the future of our dynamic ad service. As a member of a small, but growing, team, you will serve as a subject matter expert on ad technology, both in terms of our platforms as well as trends in the industry at large.
As an engineer focused on our advertising technology platforms, you will help us gather, structure, and surface data needed by our internal teams in order to confidently make decisions. You will increase the insight we have into the runtime of our advertising technology infrastructure and create tooling that empowers our Advertising Operations and Sales teams to execute quickly in a complex ecosystem. Paired with sibling Advertising teams, you will work with third parties to gather requirements and perform integrations with our in-house advertising infrastructure.
This is a great opportunity for an engineer that enjoys working with internal & external customers, helping build simple orderly systems to solve pressing business needs.
You will work with our Product, Ad Eng, Ops and Sales teams to support existing third-party partners and onboard new partners as we continue to grow. You will be managing vendor relationships and interfacing with ad decisioning services, video player vendors, ad routers, server-side ad insertion partners and more.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with our Ad Eng, Ops, Ad Sales, Video Experience, and other members of the fuboTV organization to refine functional requirements, determine priorities, and deliver business-critical projects
- Maintain constructive working relationships with vendors at all levels of our advertising stack, including, but not limited to: understanding technical and functional requirements for new partner onboarding, troubleshooting with existing partners and vendors, performance analysis and reporting
- Identify opportunities to develop software to help increase efficiency, visibility, and performance of our ad technology
- Extract and aggregate data from a variety of sources into data warehouses
- Attend stakeholder meetings and provide updates where necessary
- Improves processes and troubleshooting/integration tactics
- Write SQL queries for reporting and troubleshooting purposes
- Develop and organize documentation (Wiki, Jira, etc)
Minimum qualifications and experience
- Strong communication skills
- 3+ years Adtech experience / knowledge
- 3+ years technical support / integration experience
- Experience working with clients face-to-face
- Knowledge of VAST, VPAID, ad servers, DSPs, ad exchanges, and SSPs
- Knowledge of POIS, ESNI, ESAM, SCTE 35, SSAI/CSAI
- Experience in analyzing issues, distilling and communicating their relevant aspects
- Comfortable with XML, JSON, HTTP, cookies, REST, scripting languages, etc.
- Professional experience using modern log/metric aggregation software (e.g. Datadog, Elasticsearch + Kibana, Splunk, CloudWatch)
- Experience working with 3rd party vendors and clients
- Experience debugging and profiling software run on a Linux operating system (e.g. GDB, PProf, etc.)
Ideal qualifications and experience
- Experience working with streaming video in an MVPD environment (Linear and VOD)
- Familiarity with HLS and DASH protocols
- Knowledge of CDN’s (Cloudfront, Fastly, etc)
- Previous experience working with online advertising or previous ad-tech experience
- Familiarity with Freewheel, Springserve or Google DFP
- Experience with Google Cloud and AWS
Perks & Benefits:
- fuboTV provides a highly competitive compensation based on experience and market standards.
- Robust benefit package including Health/Dental/Vision coverage sponsored up to 100% for employees, 401k, Life Insurance, and commuter benefits
- Free Premium fuboTV Account
- Health and Wellness initiatives including discounts on Gym Memberships.
- Unlimited PTO days and regular company-wide activities.
- fuboTV's main Headquarters is located in Midtown Manhattan.
- fuboTV is an e-verified company