fuboTV is the world’s only sports-focused live streaming TV service with top leagues and teams, plus popular shows, movies and news for the entire household. We have 100+ live TV channels, including the FOX, NBC, CBS, ABC and Disney broadcast catalogs, plus Showtime, AMC…and thousands of on-demand titles! fuboTV can be accessed on multiple platforms, including Web, Android, iOS, tvOS, Fire TV, Android TV, Roku, XBox, smart TV's and Chromecast.
We’re rapidly growing — in employees, subscribers and our content offerings. Which means we need your help taking us to the next level.
fuboTV is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.
fuboTV is seeking enthusiastic Software Engineers to help us build the future of our dynamic ad service. As a member of a small, but growing, team, you will serve as a subject matter expert on ad technology, both in terms of our platforms as well as trends in the industry at large.
As an engineer focused on our advertising technology platforms, you will help us gather, structure, and surface data needed by our internal teams in order to confidently make decisions. You will increase the insight we have into the runtime of our advertising technology infrastructure and create tooling that empowers our Advertising Operations and Sales teams to execute quickly in a complex ecosystem. Paired with sibling Advertising teams, you will work with third parties to gather requirements and perform integrations with our in-house advertising infrastructure.
This is a great opportunity for an engineer that enjoys working with internal customers and building simple orderly systems to solve pressing business needs.
You will work with our Ad Operation and Sales teams to support existing third-party partners and onboard new partners as we continue to grow. You will be managing vendor relationships and interfacing with ad decisioning services, video player vendors, ad routers, server-side ad insertion partners and more.
What you’ll do
- Maintain and improve our ad tech infrastructure, which includes a mixture of client- and server-side solutions
- Collaborate with our Ad Ops, Ad Sales, Video Experience, and other members of the fuboTV organization to refine functional requirements, determine priorities, and deliver business-critical projects
- Maintain constructive working relationships with vendors at all levels of our advertising stack, including, but not limited to: understanding technical and functional requirements for new partner onboarding, troubleshooting with existing partners and vendors, performance analysis and reporting
- Identify and execute on opportunities to develop software to help increase efficiency, visibility, and performance of our ad technology
- Extract and aggregate data from a variety of sources into data warehouses
- Create programmatic dashboards and data exports for a wide array of information
- Participate in an on-call rotation and act as a subject matter expert for fuboTV-internal groups
Minimum qualifications and experience
- Strong communication skills
- 4+ years of experience delivering production-quality software
- Familiarity with modern code-deployment toolchains (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Hands-on experience with relational and non-relational databases -- you will be expected to ingest large datasets and make them accessible to others
- Professional experience using modern log/metric aggregation software (e.g. Datadog, Elasticsearch + Kibana, Splunk)
- Experience working with 3rd party vendors and clients
- Experience debugging and profiling software run on a Linux operating system (e.g. GDB, PProf, etc.)
Ideal qualifications and experience
- Experience delivering complex projects that span both the “backend” and “frontend”
- Previous experience working with online advertising or previous ad-tech experience
- Familiarity with HTML Ad Renderers, Video Ad Renderers, VAST Translators, VPAID Renderers
- Familiarity with Freewheel or Google DFP
- Experience writing and deploying cloud-hosted code (e.g. GCP, AWS)
Perks & Benefits:
- fuboTV provides a highly competitive compensation based on experience and market standards.
- Robust benefit package including Health/Dental/Vision coverage sponsored up to 100% for employees, 401k, Life Insurance, and commuter benefits
- Free Premium fuboTV Account
- Health and Wellness initiatives including discounts on Gym Memberships.
- Unlimited PTO days and regular company-wide activities.
- fuboTV's main Headquarters is located in Midtown Manhattan.
- fuboTV is an e-verified company