fuboTV is the world’s only sports-focused live streaming TV service with top leagues and teams, plus popular shows, movies and news for the entire household. We have 100+ live TV channels, including the FOX, NBC, CBS, ABC and Disney broadcast catalogs, plus Showtime, AMC…and thousands of on-demand titles! fuboTV can be accessed on multiple platforms, including Web, Android, iOS, tvOS, Fire TV, Android TV, Roku, XBox, smart TV's and Chromecast.
We’re rapidly growing — in employees, subscribers and our content offerings. Which means we need your help taking us to the next level.
fuboTV is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.
At fuboTV, we have cross-functional product teams that we empower to solve hard problems – in ways that our customers love, grow our business, and deliver results for our partners. The core responsibility of product management at fuboTV is to ensure our products are valuable and viable. Our product managers are customer-obsessed and data-driven, understanding user behavior and the technology ecosystem better than anyone else in the company.
Video is the life-blood of fuboTV. We hold ourselves to the very highest standards in video quality and performance. With live sports as our focus and differentiation in the market, our customers demand the highest picture quality (4K and HDR), the highest frame-rates (60fps), the fastest video start and seek times and the lowest buffer rates. Our commitment to video excellence is never-ending.
We are looking for a seasoned, technical product leader to build on this foundation and take the quality and performance of our streaming video capabilities to the next level.
Reporting to the SVP of Product, the Head of Product Management for Video will collaborate closely with the video engineering and media operations teams to define and execute the product roadmap for streaming video at fuboTV.
- Define the goals, strategy, and roadmap for fuboTV’s video experiences.
- Collaborate closely with Video Engineering, Streaming Media Operations, and Content teams to continuously improve video quality and performance, working across the entire video pipeline, from signal acquisition to encoding to distribution to client-side playback.
- Set aggressive video quality and performance metrics, and be accountable for achieving them.
- Conduct regular video service reviews, and analysis of service health.
- Be the champion of the customer experience. Lead user research and analysis on customer needs and expectations to inform the video strategy and roadmap.
- Discover new, innovative product and technology solutions to increase video quality and performance.
- Be the company’s product representative for the full, end-to-end video streaming pipeline.
- Ensure product releases are launched successfully and on schedule.
- Ensure projects and communications are managed smoothly across multiple teams.
- Maintain a broad view of the video and OTT marketplace, what our competitors are doing, and being an overall subject matter expert for this area of business.
- Carry out regular competitive and technological monitoring to anticipate and manage market changes.
- Engage with technology partners when necessary to test external companies offerings, and benchmark our products against markets standards and market leaders
- Act as the key product evangelist and guide for external users as well as internal teams
- 6+ years of experience in video engineering and/or product management positions.
- Experience product managing solutions for LIVE TV signal ingest, encoding, and streaming, as well as VOD ingest, encoding, and streaming in an mvpd environment.
- Have technical understanding and experience with industry specifications and delivery formats, including:
- Multi-DRM technologies
- Packaging standards: HLS/DASH/CMAF
- Audio/Video Codecs (HEVC/AVC,AAC,etc)
- Uncompressed & compressed Video
- IP Transport dealing with multicast and unicast video
- SSAI and alternate content workflows
- Deep understanding of both traditional linear TV and OTT streaming businesses.
- Experience creating dashboards, service documentation, and roadmap presentations.
- Data-driven and an entrepreneurial self-starter who deals well with ambiguity
- Strong, influential cross-functional team leader
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work independently
Perks & Benefits:
- fuboTV provides a highly competitive compensation based on experience and market standards.
- Robust benefit package including stock options, Health/Dental/Vision coverage sponsored up to 100% for employees, 401k, Life Insurance, and commuter benefits
- Free Premium fuboTV Account
- Health and Wellness initiatives including discounts on Gym Memberships.
- Unlimited PTO days and regular company-wide activities.
- fuboTV's main Headquarters are located in Midtown Manhattan.
- fuboTV is an e-verified company