fuboTV is the world’s only sports-focused live streaming TV service with top leagues and teams, plus popular shows, movies and news for the entire household. We have 100+ live TV channels, including the FOX, NBC, CBS, ABC and Disney broadcast catalogs, plus Showtime, AMC…and thousands of on-demand titles! fuboTV can be accessed on multiple platforms, including Web, Android, iOS, tvOS, Fire TV, Android TV, Roku, XBox, smart TV's and Chromecast.
We’re rapidly growing — in employees, subscribers and our content offerings. Which means we need your help taking us to the next level.
fuboTV is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.
*We are open to remote employees for this position*
About the role:
FuboTV is changing the way people watch sports, and disrupting the live video marketplace. We’re breaking new ground every week as we build the live streaming platform of the future.
We are currently looking for a Director, Streaming Media Operations, to lead our linear acquisition and encoding teams. This role will provide technical guidance and best practices for the video delivery pipeline. Knowledge of video acquisition methods (including satellite and terrestrial) along with ip transport and encoding best practices will be a must have for the position.
A successful candidate will have a strong knowledge of an mvpd ecosystem, and have experience managing multiple engineering teams. They must also have strong experience in the OTT space.
This role reports to the VP of Streaming Media Operations.
- Lead technical development of our video acquisition and signal processing pipeline
- Define and monitor operational key metrics for the department
- Perform vendor management as needed to ensure vendors provide the necessary product features
- Manage, coach and support growth within the team
- Work with multiple stakeholders to launch new services and features on the FuboTV platform
- Minimum of 5 years leading video engineering and operations teams in an MVPD environment
- Deep knowledge of MVPD-based linear ecosystem and working knowledge of OTT video distribution technology / architecture
- Experience with backbone video and distribution (Peering, Transport, POP sites, etc)
- Experience with various multimedia transport protocols such as: RTP, RTMP, SRT, UDP, Zixi, RIST
- Experience with various video and audio codecs such as AVC, HEVC, AAC, E-AC3
- Experience with packaging solutions, including HLS and DASH
- Familiarity with DRM and content encryption, including 3rd-party integrations
- Understanding of alternate content in ABR ecosystem (ESAM, ESNI, etc)
- Understanding of SSAI workflows
- Understanding of script writing/automation using languages such as Python, Ruby, etc.
- Team player, with ability to productively work with cross-functional teams
- Strong written and verbal communicators, able to communicate with engineering, management personnel, and end users throughout the organization
- Experience with on-prem video acquisition at a content provider or shared co-lo
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure (AWS/GCP)
- Passion for new technologies, sports and entertainment
- Strong vendor relationships within MVPD community
- Strong knowledge of Federal Communications Commission regulations related to video delivery
Perks & Benefits:
- fuboTV provides a highly competitive compensation based on experience and market standards.
- Robust benefit package including stock options, Health/Dental/Vision coverage sponsored up to 100% for employees, 401k, Life Insurance, and commuter benefits
- Remote friendly environment
- Free Premium fuboTV Account
- Health and Wellness initiatives including discounts on Gym Memberships.
- Unlimited PTO days and regular company-wide activities.
- fuboTV's main Headquarters are located in Midtown Manhattan.
- fuboTV is an e-verified company