fuboTV is the world’s only sports-focused live streaming TV service with top leagues and teams, plus popular shows, movies and news for the entire household. We have 100+ live TV channels, including the FOX, NBC, CBS, ABC and Disney broadcast catalogs, plus Showtime, AMC…and thousands of on-demand titles! fuboTV can be accessed on multiple platforms, including Web, Android, iOS, tvOS, Fire TV, Android TV, Roku, XBox, smart TV's and Chromecast.
We’re rapidly growing — in employees, subscribers and our content offerings. Which means we need your help taking us to the next level.
fuboTV is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.
fuboTV is seeking an exceptional Engineering Manager for our Video Input/Output team. This is a hands-on leadership role for someone that can balance helping highly-skilled engineers grow their skills, a love of coding, and making sure improvements are shipped. You will be responsible for the performance of core video services as well as ensuring that everyone on your team is empowered to do their best work.
The Video Input/Output team is responsible for all linear video ingest, storage, distribution, and coordinating services. This team works in a domain with hard constraints and no tolerance for outages, so this is a great opportunity for someone that thrives under high expectations.
This position reports to the Director of Video Engineering.
As an Engineering Manager on this team, you are required to have the following:
- 3+ years of experience in managing backend software engineers
- 5+ years of experience delivering production-quality software in a complex, high traffic environment (ideally using a strongly-typed language -- we’re using Go right now)
- A track record of growing teams, both in terms of headcount and abilities
- Exceptional communication skills -- you will be expected to translate complex technical problems into to-the-point statements of business impact
- A record of delivering substantial technical projects
- Expertise with distributed, high-performance, low-latency systems
- Skill at crafting simple, debuggable systems that solve complex problems
- Strong prioritization skills
The ideal candidate will also:
- Have started or spent time at a startup. Although fuboTV is now a public company, you will have a high-degree of autonomy and will be expected to operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Be comfortable thinking about performance in percentiles, gigabytes per second, and time/space complexities, while not forgetting the financial impact of design choices.
- Have opinions on approaches to keep processes lean and code reviews effective
- Stay calm and provide leadership under pressure
- A bias for action and a keen sense of opportunity costs
Perks & Benefits:
- fuboTV provides a highly competitive compensation based on experience and market standards.
- Robust benefit package including stock options, Health/Dental/Vision coverage sponsored up to 100% for employees, 401k, Life Insurance, and commuter benefits
- Free Premium fuboTV Account
- Health and Wellness initiatives including discounts on Gym Memberships.
- Unlimited PTO days and regular company-wide activities.
- fuboTV's main Headquarters are located in Midtown Manhattan.