fuboTV is the world’s only sports-focused live streaming TV service with top leagues and teams, plus popular shows, movies and news for the entire household. We have 100+ live TV channels, including the FOX, NBC, CBS, ABC and Disney broadcast catalogs, plus Showtime, AMC…and thousands of on-demand titles! fuboTV can be accessed on multiple platforms, including Web, Android, iOS, tvOS, Fire TV, Android TV, Roku, XBox, smart TV's and Chromecast.
We’re rapidly growing — in employees, subscribers and our content offerings. Which means we need your help taking us to the next level.
fuboTV is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.
About the team:
The Search and Personalization function is a key part of fuboTV’s mission to provide a best in class user experience. We build systems that help our users discover content in innovative ways, curate a personalized experience that is augmented with data and machine learning.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Director of Engineering to build and grow our Search and Personalization function that includes systems like Search, Recommendations, Personalization services like Continue Watching, Binge Watch, and other data and ML driven capabilities like Popular, Trending, Similar, Segmentation and Targeting, etc.
You will help us build and lead multiple teams of engineers and data scientists while working closely with the product team and other business stakeholders to prioritize and execute on a roadmap. Your work will be critical in continuously improving user experience and engagement for our subscribers.
- Overall responsibility for the success and long term vision of the Search and Personalization Engineering organization.
- Prioritize work for your teams, ensuring on-time deliverables and high-quality software.
- Provide hands-on technical management, guidance, and support including system/design/code review, and ultimately be responsible for the health and performance of the systems your teams build.
- Participate in recruiting, interviewing, hiring decisions, on-boarding, and mentoring of new engineers and managers.
- Collaborate with leaders and stakeholders in other departments, such as Product, Ad Sales, Marketing, Content, and Business Development to achieve shared goals.
- Build a culture of innovation, find new applications of machine learning and big data capabilities to continuously improve our systems.
- 12+ years experience as a software engineer and 5+ years leading large software engineering teams.
- Proven experience growing teams and designing organizations to maximize impact.
- Proven experience building Large-Scale Distributed Systems with SOA or micro services architecture.
- Deep understanding and experience with big data systems.
- Proven experience building and maintaining ML/AI systems
- Strong verbal and written communication
- BS and/or MS in Computer Science or related field
Nice to have:
- Experience with Search technologies such as lucene, bleve, elasticsearch, etc.
- Background in data science, quantitative analysis, statistics, or similar.
Our tech stack:
- Go/Golang with Dep and GoMod, Java, Scala, Python
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Kafka, Memcache, Bigtagble, Bigquery, Postgres, Tensorflow
- Apache beam
Perks & Benefits:
- fuboTV provides a highly competitive compensation based on experience and market standards.
- Robust benefit package including equity, Health/Dental/Vision coverage sponsored up to 100% for employees, 401k, Life Insurance, and commuter benefits
- Free Premium fuboTV Account
- Health and Wellness initiatives including discounts on Gym Memberships.
- Unlimited PTO days and regular company-wide activities.
- fuboTV's main Headquarters are located in Midtown Manhattan.
- fuboTV is an e-verified company