fuboTV is the world’s only sports-focused live streaming TV service with top leagues and teams, plus popular shows, movies and news for the entire household. We have 100+ live TV channels, including the FOX, NBC, CBS, ABC and Disney broadcast catalogs, plus Showtime, AMC…and thousands of on-demand titles! fuboTV can be accessed on multiple platforms, including Web, Android, iOS, tvOS, Fire TV, Android TV, Roku, XBox, smart TV's and Chromecast.
We’re rapidly growing — in employees, subscribers and our content offerings. Which means we need your help taking us to the next level.
fuboTV is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.
fuboTV is seeking a highly-technical Director of Software Engineering to lead our Advertising Engineering domain. You will be responsible for ensuring technical excellence, career development, and effectiveness of process for the Advertising Engineering team. You will define the direction of our programmatic advertising stack in partnership with a Product leader, fellow Advertising teams, and your reports.
As a leader in the Engineering organization, you will partner with our Advertising Sales & Operations and Product teams to ensure that we are meeting our goals as a greater organization. You will serve as a representative of our company with third parties and will coordinate with sibling teams to deliver projects with lots of moving parts.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Engineering Leader that enjoys staying highly technical while collaborating with others to deliver business-critical results.
This position reports to the VP of Video Engineering.
As a Director on this team, you are required to have the following:
- 5+ years of experience recruiting, retaining, and building teams of Software Engineers and Software Engineering Managers
- Very strong coding skills and technical knowledge (networking and “low level” expertise heavily preferred)
- 5+ years of experience, and deep domain expertise, in advertising technology, specifically with dynamic and programmatic ad insertion
- Significant experience delivering complex projects in a high-velocity environment
- Strong mentorship and career development skills for both managers and individual contributors
- Proficiency in communicating complicated, detailed topic with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Adeptness in maintaining relationships and clearly setting expectations with internal teams and vendors
- Familiarity with Freewheel or Google DFP
- Attentiveness to trends and “best practices” in the advertising technology industry, as well as those of highly scalable software systems
- Passion for advertising technology
The ideal candidate will also:
- Have started or spent time at a startup. Although fuboTV is now a public company, you will have a high-degree of autonomy and will be expected to operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Have prior experience operating in a similar role at an OTT or MVPD company
- Hands-on technical expertise. You will not be expected to code on a daily basis, but it is strongly preferred that you are able to act as a backstop if necessary.
- Have a talent for listening for opportunities to help coworkers
- Stay calm and provide leadership under pressure
- A bias for action and a keen sense of opportunity costs
Perks & Benefits:
- fuboTV provides a highly competitive compensation based on experience and market standards.
- Robust benefit package including stock options, Health/Dental/Vision coverage sponsored up to 100% for employees, 401k, Life Insurance, and commuter benefits
- Free Premium fuboTV Account
- Health and Wellness initiatives including discounts on Gym Memberships.
- Unlimited PTO days and regular company-wide activities.
- fuboTV's main Headquarters are located in Midtown Manhattan.
- fuboTV is an e-verified company