fuboTV is the world’s only sports-focused live streaming TV service with top leagues and teams, plus popular shows, movies and news for the entire household. We have 100+ live TV channels, including the FOX, NBC, CBS, ABC and Disney broadcast catalogs, plus Showtime, Starz, Epix, AMC…and thousands of on-demand titles! fuboTV can be accessed on multiple platforms, including Web, Android, iOS, tvOS, Fire TV, Android TV, Roku, XBox, smart TV's and Chromecast.
We’re rapidly growing — in employees, subscribers and our content offerings- which means we need your help taking us to the next level.
fuboTV is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.
About the Role:
fuboTV is looking for a hands-on software engineering manager to lead our team of talented software engineers responsible for the subscription and payments related services.
This role will be responsible for
- day-to-day team operations including managing of the team’s backlog and workload
- leading by example and contributing to the team’s success by participating in systems design, coding, code reviews, and other team activities
- ensuring that timely delivery on commitments and operational excellence are in the team’s DNA
- growing the team by hiring exceptional engineers with a right set of skills and values
- developing the individual engineers on the team by coaching and mentoring and providing timely and actionable feedback
- continuous collaboration with business stakeholders, product and other engineering teams on the team’s roadmap and deliverables
- maintaining technical relationships with vendors that the team works closely with (Recurly, Avalara, Adyen and a few others)
We are looking for passionate Software Engineers who care about code quality, uptime, performance, continuous deployment, SOLID design principles, test-driven development, and agile (with a lowercase “a”) methodologies.
- Have 7+ years of experience in delivering working software with at least 3 years building solutions for subscription-based services
- 2+ years of experience managing a small engineering team as a hands-on manager
- In-depth understanding of how subscriptions work - billing terms, renewals, cancellations, failed payments, etc. Ability to identify and cover edge cases.
- Good knowledge of web technologies and experience building transactional RESTful API services with 24x7 availability
- Have mastery of at least one modern backend stack, with a willingness to learn new technologies and methodologies
- Have an interest or experience in Go, message queues, and service-oriented architectures
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or a related field or equivalent as determined by a professional credentials evaluation.
The ideal candidate will also:
- Enjoy working in a fast-moving environment in which individual contributors are trusted to make technical decisions and execute independently
- Enjoy learning new things and sharing knowledge with coworkers
- Take the initiative in identifying and removing roadblocks
- Be a pleasure to work with in a professional environment
- Be comfortable giving and receiving honest feedback
- Be unafraid of failure
- Enjoy disrupting the status quo
Perks & Benefits:
- fuboTV provides a highly competitive compensation based on experience and market standards.
- Robust benefit package including equity, Health/Dental/Vision coverage sponsored up to 100% for employees, 401k, Life Insurance, and commuter benefits
- Free Premium fuboTV Account
- Health and Wellness initiatives including discounts on Gym Memberships.
- Unlimited PTO days and regular company-wide activities.
- fuboTV's main Headquarters are located in Midtown Manhattan.
- fuboTV is an e-verified company