fuboTV is the world’s only sports-focused live streaming TV service with top leagues and teams, plus popular shows, movies and news for the entire household. We have 100+ live TV channels, including the FOX, NBC, CBS, ABC and Disney broadcast catalogs, plus Showtime, AMC…and thousands of on-demand titles! fuboTV can be accessed on multiple platforms, including Web, Android, iOS, tvOS, Fire TV, Android TV, Roku, XBox, smart TV's and Chromecast.
We’re rapidly growing — in employees, subscribers and our content offerings. Which means we need your help taking us to the next level.
fuboTV is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.
About the role:
FuboTV is changing the way people watch sports, and disrupting the live video marketplace. We’re breaking new ground every week as we build the live streaming platform of the future.
fuboTV is seeking a Director / Vice President, Content Strategy & Acquisition - Direct Rights (title to be commensurate with level of experience) to join its Content Strategy & Acquisition team. The Director / VP, Content Strategy & Acquisition - Direct Rights will be responsible for directly sourcing live game and other sports rights from rights holders. The successful candidate will have strong contacts with international and domestic sports right holders and agencies, and will spend much of their time “out in the marketplace.”
The successful candidate will become an integral member of the Content Strategy and Acquisition team and be involved in the strategic analysis regarding direct rights acquisition decisions, and will negotiate direct rights agreements. She / he must thrive in a fast-paced environment, focus on generating results and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics. The successful candidate must be motivated, disciplined, flexible, and be able to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
What you will be doing:
- Engage with sports rights holders, agencies and other external constituencies to build awareness of fuboTV as an attractive distribution partner
- Identify and communicate internally sports rights acquisition opportunities
- Source and negotiate sports rights acquisition agreements with rightsholders
- Communicate deal updates to key internal constituencies
- Work closely with other members of Content Strategy & Acquisition team to develop sports and rights acquisition strategy
- Work closely with other members of Content Strategy & Acquisition team to financially and strategically assess pending rights opportunities
- Work with operational teams to implement rights acquisition agreements
- Maintain relationships with existing partner rights holders
What skills, experience, and education you need as a team member to succeed:
- At least 3-6 years working in sports rights acquisition or distribution, including at least 3 years as a deal principal acquiring rights
- Strong knowledge of the sports rights acquisition ecosystem, including relationships with major international and US rights holders, in particular international soccer leagues / organizations and domestic college conferences
- Strong relationship building and relationship management skills
- Strong deal negotiation skills
- Strong communication skills
- Self-starter with ability to be strong team player and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university
Perks & Benefits:
- fuboTV provides highly competitive compensation based on experience and market standards.
- Robust benefits package including stock options, Health/Dental/Vision coverage sponsored up to 100% for employees, 401k, Life Insurance, and commuter benefits
- Free Premium fuboTV Account
- Health and Wellness initiatives including discounts on gym memberships
- Unlimited PTO days and regular company-wide activities
- fuboTV is an e-verified company