fuboTV is the world’s only sports-focused live streaming TV service with top leagues and teams, plus popular shows, movies and news for the entire household. We have 100+ live TV channels, including the FOX, NBC, CBS, ABC and Disney broadcast catalogs, plus Showtime, AMC…and thousands of on-demand titles! fuboTV can be accessed on multiple platforms, including Web, Android, iOS, tvOS, Fire TV, Android TV, Roku, XBox, smart TV's and Chromecast.
We’re rapidly growing — in employees, subscribers and our content offerings. Which means we need your help taking us to the next level.
fuboTV is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.
About the Role:
fuboTV is looking for exceptional Android Engineers with a passion for crafting simple systems that solve complex problems.
As a Software Engineer on our Android Team, you will develop the heart of the application which is the player. Your day to day job will be adding new features to the player framework and improving existing ones.
We are looking for Software Engineers who care about code quality, uptime, performance, continuous integration and deployment, SOLID design principles, test-driven development, and agile (with a lowercase "a") methodologies.
Our Android tech stack:
- Core library and frameworks: ExoPlayer, OkHttp, Retrofit, RxJava, Kotlin & Java
- Testing: JUnit, Instrumentation test, Espresso, Selenium and we have our own high-level testing tools
- Tools and infrastructure: Android Studio, CI, Static code analyzing, Code Coverage
- Have experience in working on at least one Android mobile applications that have been submitted to Google Play Store.
- Write clean, well-tested code
- Have a strong knowledge of profiling and debugging tools
- Be familiar with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to backend services
- Solid understanding of Android memory management, concurrency, and memory leaks
- Ability to develop flexible and maintainable library and API for clients
Bonus qualifications for this role:
- Understanding how video, audio, and adaptive streams work
- Experienced in ExoPlayer and Chromecast Sender SDK, Android IMA SDK and other Media player frameworks
- Have an application development experience for AndroidTV and FireTV devices
- Have experience with Kotlin
- Understanding packaging protocols HLS and DASH.
- Have experience with DRM systems
- Dynamic client-side ad insertion
Perks & Benefits:
- fuboTV provides a highly competitive compensation based on experience and market standards.
- Robust benefit package including Health/Dental/Vision coverage sponsored up to 100% for employees, 401k, Life Insurance, and commuter benefits
- Free Premium fuboTV Account
- Health and Wellness initiatives including discounts on Gym Memberships.
- Unlimited PTO days and regular company-wide activities.
- fuboTV's main Headquarters are located in Midtown Manhattan.
- Remote-friendly environment
- fuboTV is an e-verified company