fuboTV is the world’s only sports-focused live streaming TV service with top leagues and teams, plus popular shows, movies and news for the entire household. We have 100+ live TV channels, including the FOX, NBC, CBS, ABC and Disney broadcast catalogs, plus Showtime, AMC…and thousands of on-demand titles! fuboTV can be accessed on multiple platforms, including Web, Android, iOS, tvOS, Fire TV, Android TV, Roku, XBox, smart TV's and Chromecast.
We’re rapidly growing — in employees, subscribers and our content offerings. Which means we need your help taking us to the next level.
fuboTV is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.
About the Role:
fuboTV is looking for exceptional iOS Engineers with a passion for crafting simple systems that solve complex problems.
As a Senior Software Engineer on our iOS Team, you will develop the heart of the application which is the Video Player Framework. Your day to day will include adding new features to our video player and improving existing ones through metrics and performance analysis.
We are looking for Senior Software Engineers who care about code quality, uptime, measurement and performance, continuous integration and deployment, SOLID design principles, test-driven development, and agile (with a lowercase “a”) methodologies.
Our iOS tech stack:
- Swift codebase
- AVFoundation for video playback
- CI using fastlane running unit/integration tests automatically deploying to Testflight
fuboTV Senior Software Engineers have the following responsibilities:
- Architect, design, develop, test, maintain and improve software systems
- Collaborate with other engineers and members of the fuboTV team to determine priorities and best practices, and refine functional requirements
All fuboTV iOS Senior Software Engineers must:
- Have experience delivering working software on both iOS mobile and AppleTV
- Write clean, well-tested code
- Have a strong knowledge of iOS SDK, different versions of iOS
- Advanced knowledge of Swift. Functional programming knowledge preferred.
- Able to work on your own and move forward with minimal requirements
- Able to guide junior engineers through tough problems
- Strong debugging and performance testing experience
- Be familiar with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to backend services
- Strong knowledge of iOS UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
The ideal candidate will also:
- Experience with AVFoundation, Chromecast Sender SDK and other Media Player Frameworks
- Familiar with video streaming and an understanding of HLS video delivery
- Enjoy working in a fast-moving startup environment in which individual contributors are trusted and depended upon to set technical direction
- Believe that work-life balance is a characteristic of highly functioning engineering teams
- Enjoy learning new things and sharing knowledge with coworkers
- Take the initiative in identifying and removing roadblocks
- Be a pleasure to work with in a professional environment
- Be comfortable giving and receiving honest feedback
- Be unafraid of failure
- Enjoy disrupting the status quo
Perks & Benefits:
- fuboTV provides a highly competitive compensation based on experience and market standards.
- Robust benefit package including Health/Dental/Vision coverage sponsored up to 100% for employees, 401k, Life Insurance, and commuter benefits
- Free Premium fuboTV Account
- Health and Wellness initiatives including discounts on Gym Memberships.
- Unlimited PTO days and regular company-wide activities.
- fuboTV's main Headquarters are located in Midtown Manhattan.
- Remote-friendly environment
- fuboTV is an e-verified company