fuboTV is the world’s only sports-focused live streaming TV service with top leagues and teams, plus popular shows, movies and news for the entire household. We have 100+ live TV channels, including the FOX, NBC, CBS, ABC and Disney broadcast catalogs, plus Showtime, AMC…and thousands of on-demand titles! fuboTV can be accessed on multiple platforms, including Web, Android, iOS, tvOS, Fire TV, Android TV, Roku, XBox, smart TV's and Chromecast.
We’re rapidly growing — in employees, subscribers and our content offerings. Which means we need your help taking us to the next level.
fuboTV is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.
About the role:
Note: This is a contract position, 40hrs/wk, with potential to become full time
As a UX writer on fuboTV’s design team, you will create a consistent, cohesive messaging experience for our users that always meets them where they are. You will write across multiple aspects of a customer’s experience within our product, which may span sign-up, in-app education, personalization, and all manners of notification and error scenarios. You will primarily focus on local projects with individual platforms, and contribute to cross-platform initiatives as needed.
We’re looking for someone who can balance business needs and user needs, and advocate for the most thoughtful solutions. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, organized and communicative, readily asking the questions that will set them up for success, and able to articulate how they arrived at their recommendations. Cross-functional collaboration is key, and you should be ready to work closely with designers, engineers, product managers, and project managers.
Your portfolio should demonstrate an ability to use succinct, approachable language to accommodate, guide, and empower the user. Reporting to the Senior UX Writer, you’ll be expected to work independently and nimbly to translate complex asks into frictionless experiences. You’ll evolve your approach as fuboTV grows its offering and subscriber base (300,000 and counting), and keep users’ needs and emotions top of mind as you help them accomplish their goals.
- Write copy across our suite of supported platforms — web, iOS, Android, Apple TV, Roku, fireTV/Android TV, and smart TVs
- Navigate business goals and engineering constraints to determine what to message and when; explore various directions and iterate to find the absolute best wording
- Collaborate with designers and engineers throughout project cycles
- Articulate rationale for proposed solutions to team members and stakeholders
- Internalize and carry through fuboTV’s voice and writing principles, keeping an eye on the big picture of user communications
- Manage and prioritize diverse workload
- 2+ years of UX writing experience
- Excellent communication skills and a natural collaborator who openly gives and receives feedback
- Knowledge of UI/UX best practices as well as mobile-first and responsive design
- Familiarity with streaming platform experiences across mobile, web, and connected devices; experience in streaming media a plus
- Proficient in design and task management software such as Figma, Sketch and JIRA